#1 Crystal Joker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts
  • Interests:My Ganja, Oranges, Coffee
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/head-jamz

Posted 07 May 2013 - 11:54 AM

So I was on the job at this pizza place bussin' tables and shit. We got a patio outside were people can eat. A table left and I go and bus it, as I'm walkin over to do so a family walks up and chooses to sit at the dirty ass table I'm about to bus, so I start to bus it immediately. As Im doing so the dad starts taking shit off my tray as Im putting it on. I wanted to slap that fucker in his face, but Im restricted in doing so, I had to put up with it. Has anything happen like this to any of you guys?

#2 thabreakfiend

Rookie

• Members
  • 15 posts

Posted 07 May 2013 - 03:51 PM

Damn that sucks, I would spit in his food.

#3 Crystal Joker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:37 AM

View Postthabreakfiend, on 07 May 2013 - 03:51 PM, said:

Damn that sucks, I would spit in his food.
I usually do, but it was fuckin busy as hell, had no time to do so.

#4 ODK

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts
  • Interests:Socks, Toilet Rolls, and Vegetable Samosas!
  • Soundcloud:http://soundcloud.com/obi-dan-kenobi

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:14 PM

Facepalm !!!!! Try having a social worker go and undo everything you have done to support someone and throw them back to square 1, now that warrants a beatdown, we all get these, they're called tests of character, you go through it so you can handle ya business the next time. That situation sounds funny to me, joke with the guy, tell him he hasn't cleared the other tables, give him the cloth tell him he missed a bit, lighten up though dude, it's not like someone has shit and pissed in a bottle shaken it up, (I know how do you shit in a bottle, he shit in his hand and squashed it in) and waited for you all day to tip it down your back, (not me someone I worked with and it was hilarious, firstly beacuase of the reaction secondly due to him being able to handle it) at the start of an 8 hour evening shift.
Spitting in the food...really.... rise above don't fall below :D

#5 Crystal Joker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 12:42 PM

View PostODK, on 08 May 2013 - 12:14 PM, said:

joke with the guy, tell him he hasn't cleared the other tables, give him the cloth tell him he missed a bit
I like that idea. But to lighten up when that shit happen is way easier to some and not to others. I can hold in alot of anger but when I'm workin and a costumer interrupts my flow its kinda hard to let go

#6 ODK

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:37 PM

View PostCrystal Joker, on 08 May 2013 - 12:42 PM, said:

I like that idea. But to lighten up when that shit happen is way easier to some and not to others. I can hold in alot of anger but when I'm workin and a costumer interrupts my flow its kinda hard to let go

If you like the idea then try it why go the way of stress and confrontation, the situation exists, but then it's up to you how you react, It takes practise, It sounds like you didn't talk to the guy though, just got annoyed by his actions, how is he meant to know unless you say " Yo!! Home-Dad watcha doin Fool!!, I don't mean literally like that, but you got to tell people, never know he could of got talking and offered you a better job, you never know till you start taking those little leaps of faith. ^_^

#7 Crystal Joker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 01:52 PM

View PostODK, on 08 May 2013 - 01:37 PM, said:

" Yo!! Home-Dad watcha doin Fool!!, I don't mean literally like that, but you got to tell people, never know he could of got talking and offered you a better job, you never know till you start taking those little leaps of faith. ^_^
Ha word up, I see what your sayin' bro

#8 oz_tinado

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts
  • Interests:headphones, wayfarers, winning medals.

Posted 08 May 2013 - 02:24 PM

View PostCrystal Joker, on 07 May 2013 - 11:54 AM, said:

the dad starts taking shit off my tray as Im putting it on...

wait, so was he like taking dirty glasses and plates and shit back off to re-use, lol?

#9 Crystal Joker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 07:19 PM

View Postoz_tinado, on 08 May 2013 - 02:24 PM, said:

wait, so was he like taking dirty glasses and plates and shit back off to re-use, lol?
Naw he was just taking it off and setting it back down, he eventually let me finish tho, idk why he was doin it though

#10 oz_tinado

• Members
  • Pip
  • 124 posts
  • Interests:headphones, wayfarers, winning medals.

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:19 PM

View PostCrystal Joker, on 08 May 2013 - 07:19 PM, said:

Naw he was just taking it off and setting it back down, he eventually let me finish tho, idk why he was doin it though

maybe he had Tourette's, and his tick was picking up stuff and setting it back down...

#11 HUNGRYMAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 08 May 2013 - 09:22 PM

I hear you, man. I worked at a family owned hardware store for 8 1/2 years and it was 10 hours a day helping customers and teaching people how to use tools and fix things. Some days you'd get a customer that would tie you up for a whole hour that couldn't understand your advice or some irriate person that would blame you for selling them the wrong thing. I'd always have to explain to them that I could only help them as well as they could tell me exactly what they were working with, on, for, etc.. Had plenty of good and bad days, but I did learn a lot about working people.

Eventually I realized, when you come into contact with anyone you don't know, you really don't know what they been through, how there day has unfolded, or anything else about them. Also, sometimes people read body language wrong and also we project how we feel outwards even without saying a word this way. An example, this guy could have been out on the only day in a month that he gets have a meal with his family. He could have been enjoying himself, high on life, and then saw you, busy in work-mode and read your face as your weren't having the best day. And say, maybe what he did was an attempt to make you laugh or smile because he felt he wanted to lightened your spirit or share what he was feeling.

You just never know people's character. Some mean well but do it in bad ways and some mean wrong and do it in good ways. You can't control anyone except yourself and whether your bussing tables or flying jets for a living, you might as well make the best of it. A smile or laugh goes a long way in this world where everyone is ready to kill each other. Some of the happiest, care-free people I know, don't have a dime to their name, are ugly as hell, and are missing limbs. But they wouldn't mind eating pizza off the floor let alone a dirty table as long as it was pizza. Peace, man!

#12 Crystal Joker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 10:03 AM

I see what your sayin yo. The thing is, they are regulars, usually regulars expect special treatment cuz they think they pay the rent or something. Its not rocket science to treat your servers nicely, like when I go to a food place I say thank you and all that polite shit cuz I know what its like, I also know what its like to have your food spiked it's almost like a double edged sword in that case, but if I'm suppose to be nice to these people and let shit go, why can't they do it back, that's all i'm sayin' . Ay yo ODK I took your advice the other night these dudes were all angry at the world and shit being rude at times, but they were the most polite people that I served that night and I just let the bad feelings go.

#13 HUNGRYMAN

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 284 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 01:28 PM

Oh yeah, the regulars are a different story. They can really get under your skin, because it's like they never go away and any animosity you hold towards them gets worse everytime you see them. I remember this old timer told me once, "Assholes always let you know who they are." I laughed about it and went on. But later a figured out the rest of the sentence was, because they let us know who they are we tend to over look the people that are actually nice. There's a good lesson to learn from those regulars that always expect more, also. Just like we hope people could be would be nice back to us like we do them, you get messed up by expecting just like they expect special treatment. I guess the trick is to just be ok with however shit turns out, maybe they will turn face, maybe they won't. Definitely don't expect immediate results. Just do you and always remember that bit about what goes around comes around. Good luck, man!

#14 Crystal Joker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 09 May 2013 - 04:17 PM

word yo I get ya. I had a bunch of assholes in my 2 years workin there, but this one got to me, idk why it just did

#15 ODK

STMB Official

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 12:48 AM

View PostCrystal Joker, on 09 May 2013 - 10:03 AM, said:

I see what your sayin yo. The thing is, they are regulars, usually regulars expect special treatment cuz they think they pay the rent or something. Its not rocket science to treat your servers nicely, like when I go to a food place I say thank you and all that polite shit cuz I know what its like, I also know what its like to have your food spiked it's almost like a double edged sword in that case, but if I'm suppose to be nice to these people and let shit go, why can't they do it back, that's all i'm sayin' . Ay yo ODK I took your advice the other night these dudes were all angry at the world and shit being rude at times, but they were the most polite people that I served that night and I just let the bad feelings go.
Your nice to these people and let it go, to show them how, out of 4 people you would of laid a seed in one of their minds, you might not get the return, but somebody else will, thus having your faith in this evil planet restored a little and it actually being alright, I made that mistake for years, getting angry because it wasn't being returned, then realized, it really doesn't work like that, you just got to give and let go. The sad thing to me these days, is people looked freaked out if you help them and expect nothing in return. That has got to change, and we're all part of that change, we're all responsible, remember I'm still learning, but these simple things help, and if it helps, I'm gonna scream from the rooftops. proud of you Holmes!!

#16 Crystal Joker

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 329 posts

Posted 11 May 2013 - 08:03 AM

View PostODK, on 11 May 2013 - 12:48 AM, said:

The sad thing to me these days, is people looked freaked out if you help them and expect nothing in return. That has got to change, and we're all part of that change, we're all responsible, remember I'm still learning, but these simple things help, and if it helps, I'm gonna scream from the rooftops. proud of you Holmes!!
Word up yo. I notice that too man, people are growing anti-social more and more every year it seems, or they just don't trust people like they use to and a mention of help or service kinda offends the in a way. Relating to my job, I have to help people, I got to serve them, and they understand that, some are nice and say thank you and all that, and some are up tight and stubborn and expect it from me without anything in return so I gotta let it go because I cant change the way people are

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users