Anyone i.d the samples / tracks used on Lucky guy Medicine show one please?
people need to stop jocking samples, keep diggin and maybe one day youull find it.
- git, soulREBEL360, ynqhead and 28 others like this
Jump to content
Posted by SanCarlos on 06 April 2010 - 10:55 AM
Anyone i.d the samples / tracks used on Lucky guy Medicine show one please?
Posted by JoaGymshoe on 15 May 2015 - 11:07 PM
My 100th stbb entry fast approaching..crazy..what a ride...
Winning my fifth!... it never gets old...still hella nervous...
Woke up twice this night...and I'm typing this an hour and a half before I actually need to get up.
It's a big deal to me... there have been weeks I spent up to 25 hours on my entry.
Gratitude and love go out to everybody who has helped me out with feedback
and and all other sorts of advice and support over the last two years.
I made some genuine friends through this forum. Some I meet for live collabin', chillin' and partying too
Sometimes I hear things of some past stbb members like yeah,
before two years ago things were different..better...
We challenged eachother and gave more feedback etc...
Well, I don't know..I wasn't there... yes I have fond memories of when I started out too...
but I'll be damned if I say: things were better in the past and just leave it at that.
It is what you make it..and I'm sticking it out to see what happens regardles
This is just an awesome place to have fun and learn stuff... just ask!
Ed and Nellas rule with the feedback was great... trying not to forget to put a * in my titles.
Haha, my kid's happy... we're going out for a nice dinner to celebrate the win.
...Thanks for all the love... I do this all for you, my peers...and to be a dope ass mofo!
...oh, and the love for the craft of making music and rap of course haha...
...pz! ..I'm off to work!
Posted by ST Bot on 15 January 2015 - 01:26 PM
Posted by jax green on 11 December 2015 - 01:14 PM
Hey guys, thought you might like a feature story I just wrote on FruityLoops for Noisey. Got to talk Soulja Boy, 9th Wonder, Sonny Digital and Jhalil Beats among others. Also got to speak with the program's mysterious creator. Give it a read if you have a spare 10!
Posted by ST Bot on 20 July 2015 - 09:01 PM
what's the track playing in the background?
Posted by fungus on 13 September 2016 - 01:03 PM
Posted by MazeOne on 21 February 2016 - 11:57 AM
1. MazeOne from Bavaria in Germany. Im 25 years old. I make beats for about 5 years now...
2. There were no "limiting" rules that week so i didnt really think about it and just made the beat...
3. I used 3 parts of the samplepack. I started up with some pitched up chops i used to play the melody you can hear from the beginning. Then i used a short bassnote i filtered and played besides the 808 bassline. I chopped up the bleeps and played it like an arp. I copied the sound and pitched it up one octave and did the same thing again at the end... I used a lot of reverb and effects on almost every sound to get that "spacey" feeling. I also added a synth lead with heavy reverb and delays on it.
4. Drums are very important in my productions and i always take a lot of time to get them to sound dope. I started up with a drumbreak i pitched down, chopped it up and used an Equalizer to get rid of the low frequencys. Stacking drums is awesome and you get a really unique sound! I always do that. I added a filtered, punchy kick and a nice snare. The thing about the snare is, I actually recorded that snare from my monitor speakers with my smartphone and used the audio of the recording, put some filters and effects on it. The Idea was, I think punchy snares always sound dope in videos so I wanted to try it.. worked out pretty good i think haha... I use parallel compression or ny compression on the kick and the snare. If you dont know about parallel compression you should definately check it out on youtube! Once i found out about it, it changed my drumsound completely..
I think it was the first time i used a 808 bassline because Im not a big fan of 808 shit. But It sounded so dope, I just had to leave it in...
5. I make all my Beats with Native Instruments Maschine. I have a microkorg and some other stuff but for that track i only used the Maschine... Never made a Beat with another programm or machine.. I just love the workflow and how quick you can convert your ideas into actual tracks..
6.I just wanna say, once i found out about the Stonesthrow Battles I made a lot of progress because sometimes you have to use samples you would not use normally. Makes you think outside the box. You have to get some dope stuff together to have a chance to win this because there are a lot of good cats taking part in the battle every week. Respect to all the Beatmakers!
peace and good luck on the next battles!
Posted by JJ on 22 May 2015 - 12:30 PM
Knx is the rap Rauschenberg.
Posted by EdTheYounger on 13 March 2015 - 11:00 PM
Stones Throw Beat Battle #419
Thank you for all the love on my beat this week! After almost 12 months of making beats and doing these battles, this is the first I've won! (the struggle is real). Without further ado...
BEAT TAPE WEEK
Sample: Straight from my cassette deck, feel free to find the original if you want a cleaner
version (Artist/Track name on file)
Make a beat using the sample and following the production rules
Upload your beat to the sound cloud STBB group AND to this topic !
Production rules :
1. time limit - 90 seconds!
2. outside drums - allowed
3. keys/synths (VST) - not allowed
5. outside bass (inc. VST) - allowed
4. acapella/skits - allowed
5. cuts/scratches - allowed
6. outside sample - required (see rules)
SPECIAL RULE(s) :
1. Intros/skits to be no longer than 4 bars.
2. Your beat must contain at least 1 other sample (sourced by yourself) to compliment the main sample i've provided. Vocal cuts, acapelas and drums will not count towards completion of this rule (although you're free to use them in your beat elsewhere) ie: make the extra sample for this rule an instrumental element (woodwind, brass, guitar etc).
3. Make the main sample provided the focal point of your beat.
>Post your beat - by Wednesday at Midnight pacific time
>Vote - by Friday at Midnight pacific time
>Winner - post new sample, rules, etc - by Saturday Noon pacific time and upload the sample here:
>Questions about posting, production, voting, deadlines?
Check out the Frequently Asked Questions page here:
Posted by DJ Primate on 18 June 2013 - 11:35 AM
Posted by ST Bot on 17 November 2015 - 11:54 AM
If "Papermill" is in fact MV2's first single, we're looking at the longest album rollout in history.
2016: Papermill video
2018: second single
2022: album, hologram tour
Posted by jax green on 22 April 2015 - 07:35 AM
As I've said on here before, I used to write about hip-hop for a living (at XXL) and now do it on the side for sites like Noisey and Revolt. Recently I did an interview with Knx for Passion of the Weiss, which is the personal blog of hip-hop writer Jeff Weiss.
He and I had an awesome talk. We touched on wrestling, giving Dre beats, his work with Kendrick and more. Check it out if you have a spare minute:
Posted by BroKing on 09 April 2014 - 07:24 AM
We need you banned until your brain works.
Posted by shakey finch on 13 November 2013 - 02:14 AM
Posted by ST Bot on 28 June 2016 - 09:46 AM
Many have declared hip-hop dead before, but it looks like it's real this time.
Posted by miss stress on 08 June 2016 - 10:00 AM
If they find my grave they have every right to shit on it. But they won't ever find it.
Posted by KVH BEATS on 14 May 2016 - 01:14 AM
Thank you for the votes / listens / likes / comments.
I've uploaded quite a bit of material for you to choose from.
-From sample A you must use at least 2 of the provided samples.
-From sample B you must use at least 3 of the provided samples.
Sample B contains drums / percussion / textures and a few other instruments.
Other than the above outside everything is allowed. Just keep it tasteful and within the 3 minute mark.
Use at least 2 samples from http://www27.zippysh...3Fhjn/file.html
Use at least 3 samples from http://www27.zippysh...Cs1VI/file.html
Optional rule: I usually record my girlfriend improvising harmony over my stuff, then cut up her voice and sample her for the track. Try this out. I would imagine that one week is not enough time for some of you to find a girlfriend, so use anyone you would like, family / friends.
Outside drums and bass: allowed
Outside keys/synths/instruments: allowed
Outside samples: allowed
Vocalshots & Scratches: allowed
Time limit: 3 minutes
The Fine Print:
Upload your beat to Soundcloud, include "STBB 478" in the title, and POST TO THIS FORUM by Wednesday at Midnight, Pacific time. For easy browsing's sake, you may also add it to the Stones Throw Beat Battle Soundcloud Group.
EVERYONE VOTES - by Friday at Midnight, Pacific time
Winner: post new sample, rules, etc by Saturday at Noon, Pacific time and upload the sample here: http://www.zippyshare.com
Posted by ST Bot on 21 April 2016 - 03:34 PM
Posted by mrvaughn on 06 March 2016 - 07:36 AM