TKurata

Thank You Jay Dee Act 3

32 posts in this topic

i know it's been discussed before but I was hoping the ST store would release this on vinyl or cd...or at least mp3.

any plans in the works?

The Mp3 was release through Podcast when it came out in Feb. if Im not mistaken.

I have it on Mp3..now the Vinyl or CD? I havent heard much about that..I remember ST saying that they will release them all again a while from now. No time soon.

I was fortunate enough to see Act 2 still on the ST Podcast last year and I grabbed it. But to the best of my knowledge, I believe all of them have been taken down.

yeah I have all the Thank You Jay Dee podcasts...not sure if they are still available.

Anyway when Act 3 was released, it was a puny 96kbps mp3. They bumped it up to 128k, but I'd love to hear/buy a higher res version.

I didnt know they bumped it up??!

I still have the first version..its a bit low, but its not too bad. The other podcasts are fine..

yeah they all sound good...even Act 3 at 96k sounded surprisingly good. still pretty noticeable though.

if you re-download it, it should be at 128k now. that ray's room track sounds much better than the 96k version which was pretty rough.

i know it's been discussed before but I was hoping the ST store would release this on vinyl or cd...or at least mp3.

any plans in the works?

That would be sick. since act 3 is basically one song and it's an hour and 6 minutes I dunno if it would fit on an LP.. it definitely wouldn't fit on it and be good sound quality.

That would be sick. since act 3 is basically one song and it's an hour and 6 minutes I dunno if it would fit on an LP.. it definitely wouldn't fit on it and be good sound quality.

yeah it would have to be a 2XLP for sure...

Just burn yourself a copy, and youl have it on CD.. LOL!

gosh darn, I never thought of that! brilliant! actually i was looking for a better bitrate, if you would have read a few seconds longer you would have seen that.

i was bumping this yesterday when some dude pulled up next to me in my car and asked me to roll the window down..."yeah, yeah, I'm feeling that, who is that?" of course he had never heard of J Dilla...

i was bumping this yesterday when some dude pulled up next to me in my car and asked me to roll the window down..."yeah, yeah, I'm feeling that, who is that?" of course he had never heard of J Dilla...

act 3?

i recently bought act 1 & 2 on cd. still waiting for act 3...

Does anyone know whether or not the cds are just burned mp3 files or are actually quality discs?

I hope it ends up getting released like Acts 1 & 2 did. My Act 3 .mp3 is 160 kbps. Still could be a lot better, but it's the best quality I've seen.

where'd you get that man?

act 3?

lol...yup Act 3...

Does anyone know whether or not the cds are just burned mp3 files or are actually quality discs?

Vol 1 & 2 CD were made from the master. J Rocc will have Vol 3 will be on CD eventually.

Vol 1 & 2 CD were made from the master. J Rocc will have Vol 3 will be on CD eventually.

Thanks for that news.

As we speak I'm making a 320 Kbs mp3 version of it. File is going to be huge, but it'll be worth it hopefully.

^^^just how are you doing that? if you convert the low bitrate file to 320kbps it won't make it better...

^^^just how are you doing that? if you convert the low bitrate file to 320kbps it won't make it better...

Haha, well there goes that plan. (SMH @ Me) Guess I'm stuck with the 160 version til the official release.

^^^ That looks weird. A lot of my obscure horror movies on dvd are done that way.

I grabbed Act 1 from the podcast, found Act 2 at the record store, and can't find Act 3 anywhere.

And I was wondering if anyone knew who dropped the verse on Act 2, track 3? The name of the track is "Go Diggin' In The Autumn". Sounds a little like Q-tip, but it ain't Q-tip.

I grabbed Act 1 from the podcast, found Act 2 at the record store, and can't find Act 3 anywhere.

Act 3 (i.e. podcast #29) is here :huh: .

And I was wondering if anyone knew who dropped the verse on Act 2, track 3? The name of the track is "Go Diggin' In The Autumn". Sounds a little like Q-tip, but it ain't Q-tip.

probably Elzhi & T3 from Slum Village.

yeah they all sound good...even Act 3 at 96k sounded surprisingly good. still pretty noticeable though.

if you re-download it, it should be at 128k now. that ray's room track sounds much better than the 96k version which was pretty rough.

yeah that Oxtopus track is amazing, one of my favorite dilla tracks of all time, I think. I have that song at 192k, yummy is all I can say.

CD should be out soon. J. Rocc mentioned cutting it into tracks on his twitter.

# Act 3 as in thank you jay dee9:25 PM Feb 17th from TwitterFon

# 88 songs as is 88 different Dilla tracks9:25 PM Feb 17th from TwitterFon

# 88 tracks meaning the seperation on the cd.9:25 PM Feb 17th from TwitterFon

# 88 songs on Act 3. Just got done numbering it. But do I really need to have have 88 tracks?9:24 PM Feb 17th from TwitterFon