• Announcements

• ST Bot

STMB   01/22/2017

Sorry for the outage. The board went down for repairs on January 5th, and we didn't expect to be out for a full 16 days.  STMB is using a default skin, as you can see, and that will probably be the case for a few weeks.  Meanwhile, the board is working better than it ever has before.  
HoverPeople

What's good on TV?

284 posts in this topic

I heard about this a while ago and when I heard British Wire I was totally turned off. I'll definitely check it out though since its on Netflix.

my friend in america said it was on netflix but he thinks it might have been taken off try the link i posted, and yeah dont let that whole wire comparison put you off its a really good show, cos its only 4 eps per season its really fast paced, season two was excellent

I rented the first season of Homeland today and watched the first couple episodes. I'm feeling it so far. Anyone have some thoughts on the series?

Never watched it, but some dude in it just died.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/arts/homeland-actor-james-rebhorn-dies-at-65-1.2583610

Aww that sucks. Dude was excellent in everything he was in. I watched 'The Talented Mr. Ripely' a few weeks ago and and even though he's only in a few scenes he was stellar as Dickie's father.

1 person likes this

i've been watching a lot of Rick and Morty lately...also, i've been seeing ads for this new show on [as] toonami about a guy that gets captured by some modern-day pirates or something-- it actually looked really interesting, and i don't necessarily get into much anime. anybody got the scoop on that show?

@James Frank. - i think youre talking about black lagoon, and if you are, it is a badass anime. along the lines of cowboy bebop/michiko to hatchin/gungrave. i flew thru attack on titan recently and That is also another good anime to check out

i've been watching a lot of Rick and Morty lately...

Rick and Morty is the shit! Rick is so funny.

1 person likes this

Only watched the first episode, but the new version of Cosmos is great

1 person likes this

i've been watching a lot of Rick and Morty lately...also, i've been seeing ads for this new show on [as] toonami about a guy that gets captured by some modern-day pirates or something-- it actually looked really interesting, and i don't necessarily get into much anime. anybody got the scoop on that show?

Rick & Morty is fucking AMAZING

5Wi5n4j.gif

Rick and Morty is by far my favorite show right now. Followed closely by space dandy. Am I the only one who thought the true detective ending was completely bullshit?

Am I the only one who thought the true detective ending was completely bullshit?

7 great episodes followed by some bullshit. no spoilers though

X GON GIVE IT TO YA

1 person likes this

Space Dandy rules...just watched the pilot tonight, i like it. i don't really fucks wit da anime side of things typically, but i'm definitely all-in with this one.

space dandy is a great comedy. its only 13 episodes, but a good run. bones, the animation studio that made space dandy, make some great stuff -

Bounen no Xamdou, Darker than Black, Escaflowne, Eureka Seven, Fullmetal Alchemist, RahXephon, Scrapped Princess, Soul Eater, Cowboy Bebop OVA

that rick n morty tho!

space dandy is a great comedy. its only 13 episodes, but a good run. bones, the animation studio that made space dandy, make some great stuff -

Bounen no Xamdou, Darker than Black, Escaflowne, Eureka Seven, Fullmetal Alchemist, RahXephon, Scrapped Princess, Soul Eater, Cowboy Bebop OVA

that rick n morty tho!

fawk yea!!!

tumblr_n14erj9oFx1rdkrw1o1_500.jpg

but wait, SD is only 13 episodes? i thought it was a new series, now i'm bummed.....

It just finished up last week. Season two is confirmed for sometime in June though

1 person likes this

anybody watch the season premiere of Louie????

I just finished watching XIII and Crossing Lines on netflix... both are dope to me

i am currently watching/catching up with these:

Arrested Development

Louie CK

True Detective

Walking Dead

American Horror Story

Parks and Recreation

Nightmare Next Door

Always Sunny In Philadelphia

The Killing (you have to whisper it though...)

I've watched almost everything mentioned in here already.... i'm about to have to hit the indy flicks

Game of Thrones, bit of a slow burner, but really well done.

LEAVE IT TO BEAVER! lmao

My buddy got me hooked on Real Husbands of Hollywood. Shit is hilarious!!

what about My Cat From Hell? lol

If you ever watched any crappy 70s educational programs you'll like this.

look_around_you.jpg

Here's an episode they're only 10 minutes long and weird and hillarious

This show was fucking amazing and almost other worldly.

Nobody mention Hannibal? Pretty great show, I had low expectations, but fucking hell, it's raw.

anybody wanna talk about this new season of Louie so far?

or the last season of Archer?

or Fargo?

FX is killing it with the shows, they're like the only channel i actually watch besides [as] at night.