• Announcements

• ST Bot

STMB   01/22/2017

Sorry for the outage. The board went down for repairs on January 5th, and we didn't expect to be out for a full 16 days.  STMB is using a default skin, as you can see, and that will probably be the case for a few weeks.  Meanwhile, the board is working better than it ever has before.  
Bapt

Mayer Hawthorne?

42 posts in this topic

... who is he?

Hi y'all, it's been a while since my last post here.

I hope the COOL table is still cool, I hope you're all doing good...

Is Mayer Hawthorne another post-punk-electro-etc dude?

;-)

... who is he?

Hi y'all, it's been a while since my last post here.

I hope the COOL table is still cool, I hope you're all doing good...

Is Mayer Hawthorne another post-punk-electro-etc dude?

;-)

Mayer Hawthorne is Haircut

You should listen to an intervew he did on dublab.com

Yeah, just heard about this. Mayer Hawthorne is indeed Haircut from the group Now On. They're pretty dope as well.

Wow I was late to this party...great addition to the Stones Throw roster!! DO WANT MORE!!!!

That album is really good, they have three covers for it too, one for each member of the group with a different ass in the background. "This Way" is maybe my favorite track on there. They have a dope video for "The Willows":

Man, just heard the track off that heart shaped 45. Fucking nice, and I usually don't emphasize my nice's with fucking's.

He's good,

BUT HES NO DUDLEY PERKINS.

nobody is or ever will...totally different sound too.

I think those two would great on a collabo track or two though, with Mayer on the hook and Dudley singing some verses would be sick...oh well ;)

That heartshaped 7" got copped with the quickness along with the Soundclash dvd. I'm feeling this much more than the Now On stuff.

for me the track is nothing special

it would had sound better and different if he was swearing in the lyrics like "fack ya'll bitches etc!" in a G style but ye singin in falsetto.

go and grab something from the delfonics, the stylistics or even derrick harriott...serious falsetto and awesome production

btw stones throw is still a great label...no.1 i would say

That album is really good, they have three covers for it too, one for each member of the group with a different ass in the background. "This Way" is maybe my favorite track on there. They have a dope video for "The Willows":

I want to see the other ass....I mean the other covers for the new signee

I want to see the other ass....I mean the other covers for the new signee

They have em all up here, my favorite is IX Lives' one with the brick background.

i signed on to ST today.....saw this new guy...listened to the song....it amazed me... i had to have the heart shaped 7 inch...

sign onto the store......get the 9.99 order ready....

total screen comes up....37 bux..

i understand i dotn live in the states but why does shipping have to be so expensive....i live in canada i can drive to the states in an hour..

in the end i decided against the purchase....bullshit

haha, i saw a quasimoto myspace bulletin that was this song with the heart in the background, and thought it was just blazed quas posting something from the crates that he likes a lot or some shit. i like the idea of making new music that sounds old, some very modernist shit.

yeah its alright, kinda like white dudley except instead of madlib beats its oldies. according to the 2 songs on his myspace haha

BOTTOM LINE, HAVE A FUCKING CANADIAN SHIPPING PRICE, GODDAMNIT © AVGN

BOTTOM LINE, HAVE A FUCKING CANADIAN SHIPPING PRICE, GODDAMNIT © AVGN

hey man be glad your in canada least you dont get doubly screwed over with exchange rate, i live in australia and cost me over $110 AUS dollars for 2 copies of Soundclash DVD. i was like damnnn what happen to the exchange rate didnt think would be that much.