• Announcements

• ST Bot

STMB   01/22/2017

Sorry for the outage. The board went down for repairs on January 5th, and we didn't expect to be out for a full 16 days.  STMB is using a default skin, as you can see, and that will probably be the case for a few weeks.  Meanwhile, the board is working better than it ever has before.  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Dick Starbuck

STONES THROW NEEDLE & THREAD

24 posts in this topic

Hi...uhhhh Ive been trying to find the sample used for "Fancy Clown". Anybody know what it is? Thanks in advance. I know someone on this board knows. You guys are the best!

suprised this thread hasnt been deleted yet

definitely voted Most Deleteable around the office. is that a word?

welcome back shakey

someone help me please!! I'm a lawyer and I'm looking to make a lot of money by suing stonesthrow records!

definitely voted Most Deleteable around the office. is that a word?

go ahead and get it up offa here JJ....

erm, the problem is that artists/labels have had actions taken against them cos of these kind of threads before.

I for one don't wanna do that, or even run the risk of that happening to artists that i like, based on my wanting to find out samples.

PM THAT SHIT.

well if an artist has put a sample on their album, they are supposed to give credit to the original artist any way. So if it's in the booklet, then it should be straight to post.

well if an artist has put a sample on their album, they are supposed to give credit to the original artist any way. So if it's in the booklet, then it should be straight to post.

unless your paying for all your songs off itunes you should have the booklet. If the songs good enough to know every little detail about, cough up some dough.

^^erm i think your missing the point in indie hip hop giving credit in your 'booklet' to an artist = paying mentioned artist,indie record label= cannot afford to,major record label = can afford to

That's crazy. You can't tell on people. Believe me there's a milliion samples I've been looking for. Like what's piano from "The Red" found the vocals but that's it.

If an artist clears a sample that's because HE HAS TO. but on an indie you really don't have to worry about clearance cause you ain't makin as much money as a major label.

NEVER MIND!

now what's the sample for "Three" off of the shining.

just kidding

now go out and dig and find the samples that way. That's the best feeling. Workin on beats then A Dilla/Madlib/Premo/Pete Rock sample jumps out. That's how I find about 75% of my shit.

That's crazy. You can't tell on people. Believe me there's a milliion samples I've been looking for. Like what's piano from "The Red" found the vocals but that's it.

If an artist clears a sample that's because HE HAS TO. but on an indie you really don't have to worry about clearance cause you ain't makin as much money as a major label.

NEVER MIND!

now what's the sample for "Three" off of the shining.

just kidding

now go out and dig and find the samples that way. That's the best feeling. Workin on beats then A Dilla/Madlib/Premo/Pete Rock sample jumps out. That's how I find about 75% of my shit.

NAH FUCK THAT

its only cool for us diggers to go around talking about who samples what, leave them at the label alone for that, fuck clearing samples, you shouldnt have to, you cant own sounds my man

no capitol records manager is goin to look on stoneshtrow message board but there is a chance theyll look on xxl and check those samples out for fishcale

That's the best feeling. Workin on beats then A Dilla/Madlib/Premo/Pete Rock sample jumps out. That's how I find about 75% of my shit.

thats whats up. found the sample of that "react" joint dilla did for the jaylib album the other day. pretty cool song that is. crazy shit.

thats whats up. found the sample of that "react" joint dilla did for the jaylib album the other day. pretty cool song that is. crazy shit.

that is a savage prog rock album. you cant go wrong with g****e g***t. Anyone heard that j dilla beat "watching smurfs on shrooms"? that nutty loop is from one of their lp's aswell.

NAH FUCK THAT

its only cool for us diggers to go around talking about who samples what, leave them at the label alone for that, fuck clearing samples, you shouldnt have to, you cant own sounds my man

no capitol records manager is goin to look on stoneshtrow message board but there is a chance theyll look on xxl and check those samples out for fishcale

exactly

Slum Village-Fall in love/Jaylib-The Official: Gap Mangione-diana in the autumn wind

Stones throw needle and thread.

Clever.

[/sarcasm]