Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Brother of Inertia

Just Saw Common on a Gap Commercial

20 posts in this topic

yeah, I just saw this too. Is this ok? I was happy to see him, but then someone pointed out it was a gap commercial......I love common, should I be happy he's makin a couple bucks, because I really don't support the GAP.....I'm confused, tell me what I should think....

I can't blame the guy for wanting a little money. He toiled in (relative) obscurity for a long time and I think he deserves to get paid while he's a more recognized artist. The starving underground artist doing it all for the music itself is a nice image, but everybody has to make that bread somehow.

is it cuz he's doing commercials?? or is it cuz the commercial is for GAP?? i mean, Com' has been doing commercials for a lil while now. remember the sprite commericlal??? and the coke commerical with mya a couple of years ago?? i mean, he's a lil more recognized now and i guess that would explain it. but how come people aren't feeling GAP???

. remember the sprite commericlal???

Yea wasn't Wolf was in one of the Sprite Remix commercial? Do they still sell that?

does everyone think doing some commercials for gap changes an artists musical output?

if i was common and gap offerd me id be like fuck it give me the money,would i be worried that 'real heads' would be dissapointed? no id just go buy a fuckinh big house

nuff said

does everyone think doing some commercials for gap changes an artists musical output?

if i was common and gap offerd me id be like fuck it give me the money,would i be worried that 'real heads' would be dissapointed? no id just go buy a fuckinh big house

nuff said

I agree, there's that certain group of fans that's never going to be happy, no matter what you do. If GAP offers him cash, good for him.

i realize gap is considerd 'not a good look' but fuck it see it from his point of view,anyway rob swift and run dmc did so he aint the only one

No issue here. Common has made some sick albums in his carreer, the best being LWFC. As long as that keeps up it's all good. Once he falls off though...

Common needs to sit down with that ol extra smedium jacket he has on in that commercial. he can't even get the hood all the way up. If he did, his belly button and wrists would be exposed.

oh yeah:

BigErnMcCracken is the coolest person in STMB history.........EVER

questlove stated the coke commercial he did a while ago "saved his carreer" at the time. as far as gap i dunno. i had the tv on mute but i did catch the commercial.

I got no problem with that (GAP has some good stuff from time to time).

As long as he doesn't fall off lyrically then I dont care.

Common needs to sit down with that ol extra smedium jacket he has on in that commercial. he can't even get the hood all the way up. If he did, his belly button and wrists would be exposed.

oh yeah:

BigErnMcCracken is the coolest person in STMB history.........EVER

HA

Smeduim

Common Has THE MOST HOMO Clothes In the World He Almost Looks Emo

Gap Pfftt

Keys Open Doors