• Announcements

• ST Bot

STMB   01/22/2017

Sorry for the outage. The board went down for repairs on January 5th, and we didn't expect to be out for a full 16 days.  STMB is using a default skin, as you can see, and that will probably be the case for a few weeks.  Meanwhile, the board is working better than it ever has before.  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
andt88

ruff draft

12 posts in this topic

i definitely missed the boat on ruff draft. a reissue would be much appreciated. where you at wolf?

didn't wolf say in an interview that he'd be interested in mixing it down again and releasing it on cd cause it was never released here? That would be cool to have a high quality version on cd, but I'm glad i got the wax when it dropped too.

What I meant by 'It wouldn't be as special' is that the feeling of having it now is so great because it was limited. If they reissue it, everyone will have it (or at least a lot more people). But I guess people who already have it will still be on top because they have the originals.

Of course Ruff Draft is special, I'm not talking about the EP at all. I love it!

Don't get me wrong though, I just may get it because I missed out too...

What I meant by 'It wouldn't be as special' is that the feeling of having it now is so great because it was limited. If they reissue it, everyone will have it (or at least a lot more people).

Wolf could just release it on CD. That way sleepers could get a copy, old-timers could get a higher quality version (possibly wit some goodies?), and the vinyl retains 90% of its original worth.

everyone gets some!

didn't wolf say in an interview that he'd be interested in mixing it down again and releasing it on cd cause it was never released here? That would be cool to have a high quality version on cd, but I'm glad i got the wax when it dropped too.

Judging by the way "Nothing Like This" was mixed for Chrome Children, I don't think I like the idea of mixing down the whole album at all. I liked the way the track sounded on Ruff Draft a lot better. The sound quality on J. Rocc's Thank You Jay Dee podcast sounded damn near perfect compared to the webrip(s) circulating.

Judging by the way "Nothing Like This" was mixed for Chrome Children, I don't think I like the idea of mixing down the whole album at all. I liked the way the track sounded on Ruff Draft a lot better. The sound quality on J. Rocc's Thank You Jay Dee podcast sounded damn near perfect compared to the webrip(s) circulating.

i would actually prefer another mixing for the cd. feels like the ruff draft didn't get a proper mastering, but i guess that's part of the charm with it too.

"straight from the motherfucking cassette!"

right. plus if you own the ruff draft vinyl you'll notice they let the song end another way on chrome children than it did on the vinyl version... on the original dilla was lettin the sample play for a few secs...