Jaylib526

What A Disgrace

210 posts in this topic

As you all know, i'm a Dilla fan til death and i don't see anything wrong with what homeboy is doing. He is just paying homage to him. You cats act like hes pissing on his grave. (Please don't take that the wrong way....)

From his blog:

"THE ALBUM STONES THROW RECORDS DOESN'T WANT YOU TO HEAR:

STONES THROW IS NOW ON A MISSION TO STOP THIS ALBUM FROM BEING AVAILABLE. THIS IS DUE TO THE FACT THAT THEY BLEW THE CHANCE TO BE INVOLVED AND ARE WITNESSING THE INCREASING SUCCESS OF THIS ALBUM (THANKS TO EVERYONE..MUCH APPRECIATED!)

GET "BAGELS" NOW BEFORE IT IS PULLED!!!!!!!!!!!!

(also available on iTUNES)

DENNIS (DEZO)"

Hmm... :huh:

what's the story exactly?

never heard of this guy, and never saw anything of ST's attempt to shut this project down......

From his blog:

"THE ALBUM STONES THROW RECORDS DOESN'T WANT YOU TO HEAR:

STONES THROW IS NOW ON A MISSION TO STOP THIS ALBUM FROM BEING AVAILABLE. THIS IS DUE TO THE FACT THAT THEY BLEW THE CHANCE TO BE INVOLVED AND ARE WITNESSING THE INCREASING SUCCESS OF THIS ALBUM (THANKS TO EVERYONE..MUCH APPRECIATED!)

GET "BAGELS" NOW BEFORE IT IS PULLED!!!!!!!!!!!!

(also available on iTUNES)

DENNIS (DEZO)"

Hmm... :)

Urgh, god. :huh:

Pathetic.

the man is using dilla as a gimmik, very sad if you ask me.

Trying to stir up controversy so people will hear his stuff. This is probably the last we'll hear of dude.

i dont know if you can go as far as saying disgrace...but not creative at all. the cover is weak and the songs are weaker.

Pretty soon the "I'm more hip hop than you" argument will be "I'm more Dilla than you" argument

:huh::)

Bagels? Bagels suck. They are so chewy, not very soft at all.

Sacrelige.

co-sign

I think that dude tried to add my on myspace once. *DENY*

1 person likes this

The disappointing thing is that some of his beats are fire. Anyone could make a respectable Dilla tribute and NOT get any of the angry feedback that this dude must be getting.

It's like everyone's already said, he shouldn't have completely bitten the Donuts cover and he shouldn't have named it bagels. If he just titled it something original and said "Thank You Dilla" on the cover or in an essay inside the album, he've been alright....but, he decided to go the douche bag route.

EDIT: And I think, at the end of the day, he knows what he did was a low blow. I mean, what adult wouldn't? That is what frustrates me. Knowing what you are doing is fucked up and doing it anyway. Somebody send Guilty Simpson and HouseShoes to his door with some spiked bats.

Both wrong. No problem though. I'm 17.

still illegal!

talking about this just reminded me of this funny anti-drug advert i saw earlier

potfacts.jpg

LOL at people catchin feelings.

1 person likes this

what kinda scully is that? It looks like it got a brim almost.

Man I had a good cream cheese and salmon bagel from somewhere the other day.

still illegal!

talking about this just reminded me of this funny anti-drug advert i saw earlier

potfacts.jpg

thats the worst ad ever.

do you know how stoked ID be to hear my hair grow?!

I like bagels with hummus. I like it with lox and cream cheese as well. Yum

still illegal!

Oh, no doubt. But smoking bud is illegal (under certain circumstances). And it doesn't matter how old you are with that. 8 more months and pretty soon, I'll probably be sick of cigs.

Yeah, dude. Quit that shit. Save your lungs for all the damage weed's gonna do. Cigarettes smell disgusting too. I wont even date a smoker.

i smoked for 10 years and said enough is enough.

ill be real-i never heard orf dilla until he died. and i never have been a huge dilla fan. i respect him and have a few songs that i can get down to on donuts, but a lot of dilla shit is practically unlistenable IMHO...

hatehatehatehate

Yeah, dude. Quit that shit. Save your lungs for all the damage weed's gonna do. Cigarettes smell disgusting too. I wont even date a smoker.

i smoked for 10 years and said enough is enough.

i hate cigs :unsure:

Both wrong. No problem though. I'm 17.

"You're a big girl now, no more daddy's little girl..."

1. Dilla was never on a major label and never had major promotion so you cant expect too many people to know about him. BUT it does make me mad when newcomers act like theyve been down since Delicious Vinyl

2. Maybe if he didnt try to duplicate the cover to the T, THEN it wouldnt be SO bad..but it just seems like a joke and insult naming it "Bagels"

I like bagels with hummus. I like it with lox and cream cheese as well. Yum

Now that's what's up!

I make BLT-style bagels sometimes as well..

However donuts are a lot tastier, probably a little less healthy though :unsure: