• Announcements

• ST Bot

STMB   01/22/2017

Sorry for the outage. The board went down for repairs on January 5th, and we didn't expect to be out for a full 16 days.  STMB is using a default skin, as you can see, and that will probably be the case for a few weeks.  Meanwhile, the board is working better than it ever has before.  
dub_g

Ras G

35 posts in this topic

he did one of them bts radio mixes in feb which can be heard here its mainly his own beats, im not majorly impressed with him i know lots of people rate him

i just got that one the other day...

i just love his shit in that session with flying lotus

i looked at his myspace...

it looks like he has a record done & waiting for someone to release it...

hes prolly my fav beatmaker as of right now. im always checking for new ras.

he did one of them bts radio mixes in feb which can be heard here its mainly his own beats, im not majorly impressed with him i know lots of people rate him

Wow, that mix is good. I've heard of Ras G; I know he's in the same vein as Flying Lotus and Samiyam. Never took any notice of him though. I think I will now. Sounds dope. Lots of reggae samples.

I know he's in the same vein as Flying Lotus

besides flylo name checking him id say they are different

besides flylo name checking him id say they are different

They're all mates though, aren't they? They have a similar sound though. Ras G sounds more like the FlyLo type, rather than the Dilla/Madlib type. Not trying to group people together, but...well, yeh, I'm grouping people together. Ras G is on the whole quirky, electronic sound, rather than the chopped up soul sample sound.

hes got a instrumental album coming out soon, stonesthrow should pick it up :huh::P

They're all mates though, aren't they? They have a similar sound though. Ras G sounds more like the FlyLo type, rather than the Dilla/Madlib type. Not trying to group people together, but...well, yeh, I'm grouping people together. Ras G is on the whole quirky, electronic sound, rather than the chopped up soul sample sound.

yeah they're both friends in LA.

OH RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAS-S-S-S

Ras G is the shit. :unsure:

anyone else out there heard him?

shit it insane

heard it on that flylo dublab 4 hr thing.

i got 1 of his podcast off of btsradio.net.it was some of his early stuff it was pretty hot but now that dude shit is just 2 crazy

i got 1 of his podcast off of btsradio.net.it was some of his early stuff it was pretty hot but now that dude shit is just 2 crazy

i think hudson mohawkes got the most out there beats

i ordered the new LP -- - looking forward to hearing it - -the artwork looks lovely

Same here. Waiting on that and FlyLo's LA EP 2x3. Does Poobah Records include mp3 download cards w/ their vinyl? More record companies should pick up on that.

I asked this same question to a Poobah affiliate. I don't know but I do agree...mp3 orders are 10 times more convenient.

Same here. Waiting on that and FlyLo's LA EP 2x3. Does Poobah Records include mp3 download cards w/ their vinyl? More record companies should pick up on that.

^ Dude I hope you're getting residual income from all these links you keep spamming the boards with.

1 person likes this

^ Dude I hope you're getting residual income from all these links you keep spamming the boards with.

was wondering if this guy was on the payroll