• Announcements

• ST Bot

STMB   01/22/2017

Sorry for the outage. The board went down for repairs on January 5th, and we didn't expect to be out for a full 16 days.  STMB is using a default skin, as you can see, and that will probably be the case for a few weeks.  Meanwhile, the board is working better than it ever has before.  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
kdubs

Kev Brown?

12 posts in this topic

Anybody heard what Kev's been doing lately? His tracks on Kenn Starr's new one are pretty hot but I'd like to hear some more from the guy.

right now i think he's working on his second album...i love his first one.banging

he's probably busy boring everyone to sleep with his dreary beats. like he always has done.

Relentless on Starr Status is one of the nastiest tunes to come out this year

he's probably busy boring everyone to sleep with his dreary beats. like he always has done.

^^^^^ What an idiot. Kev Brown is easily one the best beatmakers out there now.

I believe Kev Brown has an EP coming out called "the random EP" Joints can already be heard on his Myspace page. Not only is he working on another solo project but he has also been working with another artist that people are gonna freak when they find out. I refuse to let the cat out the bag. Keep your ears to the street.

Intelx

^^^^^ What an idiot. Kev Brown is easily one the best beatmakers out there now.

I believe Kev Brown has an EP coming out called "the random EP" Joints can already be heard on his Myspace page. Not only is he working on another solo project but he has also been working with another artist that people are gonna freak when they find out. I refuse to let the cat out the bag. Keep your ears to the street.

Intelx

there's no way kevbrown is 'one the best beatmakers out there now'... he one of the millions of semi underground beatmakers that sound like a lowbudget pete rock/premier/dilla mix... Really soon people are going to get bored of this sound and more creative beatmakers will rise up again,

For the record, these are the top of the pile in my book:

Kankick

Flying lotus

samiyam

madlib

P brothers

janeiro jarel (who dat)

Georgia ann muldrowe

all ta'raach beats ive heard have been good

...there's others, obvioulsly

These are the most over rated, snooziest beatmakers at the moment:

j rawls

kev brown

9th wonder

j rawls

kev brown

9th wonder

i have to agree ive tried to like kev brown/9th etc and were as the beats are pleasent enough i find them very samey and snoozy,that said i liked a few tunes off the first murs/9th album

werd

j rawls

Have you heard 'The Liquid Crystal Project'. That's up there for album of the year imo. Better than YNQ!!

Yeah I said it. Get off Madlib's dills, he ain't the only one doing good out there.

"I wrote the shortest jazz poem ever known, nothin' about huggin', kissin', one word, LISTEN"

Have you heard 'The Liquid Crystal Project'. That's up there for album of the year imo. Better than YNQ!!

Yeah I said it. Get off Madlibs dills, he ain't the only one doing good out there.

"I wrote the shortest jazz poem ever known, nothin' about huggin', kissin', one word, LISTEN"

Hell yeah Liquid Crystal Project is the shit with his version of SV Player & Troy & Bobby! This albums is sick I have had it for awhile and it never gets old.