• Announcements

• ST Bot

STMB   01/22/2017

Sorry for the outage. The board went down for repairs on January 5th, and we didn't expect to be out for a full 16 days.  STMB is using a default skin, as you can see, and that will probably be the case for a few weeks.  Meanwhile, the board is working better than it ever has before.  
Collosal

Recommend Any Good Books?

46 posts in this topic

im 16, and i used to just pick up random books in the library and start reading them

Read some Hardy Boys and Nancy Drew. They're for kids your age. :rolleyes:

looking for a good new read so i thought this is a good place to ask. any new recommends ?

btw, my last:

2007-03-checkthetechniquebook.jpg

def can recommend this. i don't think you can find those background-informations about classic albums somewhere else.

red+alert.jpg

This is the book that

is based off of.

A year's worth of reading has been listed thus far. Anything by Phillip K. Dick or William Gibson (sprawl trilogy without a doubt!) if you want some fun fast pace/easy reading Sci-Fi with crazy social issues as well. I second the Brian Coleman joints. For a change up, try "Things Fall Apart" by Chinua Achebe, classic book out of Nigeria, great story telling.

old thread i know but i recently started reading again since i was in high school. I had never read anything by Stephen King so i decided to read Pet Semetary and that book fucked me up. Very disturbing and i liked Stephen Kings style of writing. Lots of metaphors and the way he goes into first person and out. Also the whole psychology of that book kinda fucked with me.. after that i read Cujo, The Dead Zone, Last Stand, and now im reading The Shining.. kinda wanna take a break from him though cause i feel his style is getting a bit repetitive... any good authors yall would recommend kinda similar or better than stephen King?

read 1984 and maybe some vonnegut. 1984 gives you a good perspective on the direction of america

ive heard 1984 is a really good book probly read that one next, the anonymous book is probably gonna be after that one seems like a interesting read, gonna look into that neuromancer. Im tryin to read some detailed books that paint vivid pictures. im looking for the madlib of books lol

the anonymous book is probably gonna be after that one seems like a interesting read, Im tryin to read some detailed books that paint vivid pictures. im looking for the madlib of books lol

We Are Anonymous is a very vivid and gripping read. I randomly stumbled upon it at the library and started reading it before I even checked out. I ended up reading the whole first chapter before I went home because I couldn't put it down.

ham_on_rye.jpg

not really related to stephen king or any genres talked about further up the thread, but i really loved this book nonetheless. and bukowski described his childhood as "a horror story" when asked, so i guess it could sorta be classified as one.