• Announcements

• ST Bot

STMB   01/22/2017

Sorry for the outage. The board went down for repairs on January 5th, and we didn't expect to be out for a full 16 days.  STMB is using a default skin, as you can see, and that will probably be the case for a few weeks.  Meanwhile, the board is working better than it ever has before.  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
gravelheadwrap

Flying Lotus

21 posts in this topic

too right!!

i'm dead excited about this lp - all the shit ive heard on bts radio and his myspace andthat have been monster. although his track on the 'sound of la' ep was weak!

too right!!

i'm dead excited about this lp - all the shit ive heard on bts radio and his myspace andthat have been monster. although his track on the 'sound of la' ep was weak!

Damn, I love that track on the Sound of L.A....but yes, everything that has been played on BTS and his myspace is super good.

Ras_G's track on the Sound of L.A. is killing it! Same w/ his myspace shit.

Damn, I love that track on the Sound of L.A....but yes, everything that has been played on BTS and his myspace is super good.

Word up. I'm definitely looking forward to hearing Lotus' album.

Ras_G's track on the Sound of L.A. is killing it! Same w/ his myspace shit.

yeah, Ras' track was a definite highlight.

he's put 2 really dope records on Poo-Bah Records (a dope independent record store turned label out of Pasadena, CA)

they're called Overcast 78 and Beats Of Mind - i highly recommend em. both are limited pressings though.

BlackMonk from The Sound Of L.A. also put out a record on Poo-Bah, called MonkMusic, which is ill too.

sounds great. will it be released on ST?

nope. Plug Research

it's called 1983 and comes out October 3rd

i just wondered because on the left there it says that stones throw is one of his labels.

i think he works for Stones Throw

not sure if he's putting anything out through them though

guess we'll just have to wait & see

i think he works for Stones Throw

not sure if he's putting anything out through them though

guess we'll just have to wait & see

He did edit that Sound Directions trailer from awhile ago.

Flying Lotus has to be on the ST catalogue! he's so dope. I saw him live (dourfestival) and his show was so ill!!

does anyone has some audio? like the ill fall in love flip? I'd like to bump it on my way to school.

Flying Lotus has to be on the ST catalogue! he's so dope. I saw him live (dourfestival) and his show was so ill!!

does anyone has some audio? like the ill fall in love flip? I'd like to bump it on my way to school.

Is it true that he is related to the Coltrane's? He has got some dope shit from what i've heard so far.

Lotus is siiiiick. At Do Over (this thing that happens on Sunday's in LA) he was spinning and Madlib was just standing next to him nodding his head feeling the music. He's a really cool cat too. :( I heard the cd, it's soooo dope.

Flying Lotus is the best shit if heard this year, i heard his mix on bts radio and loved the casi0 training track , a friend hooked me up with the jet to be released full version of this track 2 weeks ago. that beat is so dope ...

ive been bumpin "gumdrop"

his lp come out the same day as chrome children?

Yep! I've been meaning to ask why he picked that date... 2 good albums in 1 day, I'm not complaining!!