BigErnMcCracken

STMB Beat Battle #19

40 posts in this topic

(fingers crossed) (please let it be something that kicks my ass into gear)

Yeah,. real nice one..!

I'm on vacation this week, so I can't even use not having time as an excuse for not makin a beat or makin a bad one :P

think the link mite do broken dude, but mite just be me.

think the link mite do broken dude, but mite just be me.

Doesn't work for me too.

Nice fat bassline...

is that track by skalpel? arent they signed to ninja tune? i thought all there stuff was samples from polish jazz records?

is that track by skalpel? arent they signed to ninja tune? i thought all there stuff was samples from polish jazz records?

yeah there's some samples in there. but there is live playing in there as well... just thought it was a nice track. i'm personally not gonna bother making anything out of it, it just happens to be my favourite track off that album. i'm curious what peeps could do with it...

are you not bothering cause you got other shit to do or because it's not really a great track to sample?

*running to the pool w/ brick and a plastic bag over head*

are you not bothering cause you got other shit to do or because it's not really a great track to sample?

*running to the pool w/ brick and a plastic bag over head*

it sounds like an ok track to sample to me: isolated bass notes, isolated trumpet parts, good drum breaks.. maybe not when you actually get down to it, i dunno..

i'm finishing my latest mixtape at the moment, so my focus is elsewhere..

On that note, "yay...new Patch Lunch Mixtape coming soon!"

Anyway, I'm gonna take a crack at this battle soon. I'm really diggin that bassline.

I'm returning, it'll be a now for something completely different act though.

Yo Patch...quick question...are outside vocal samples OK on this one? I've got an old southern work-song vocal I'd like to use in the mix if it's OK. If not, the track still works...but I find that it makes the intro much more interesting.

Lemme know when ya get a minute.

Peace.

-- J

Yo Patch...quick question...are outside vocal samples OK on this one? I've got an old southern work-song vocal I'd like to use in the mix if it's OK. If not, the track still works...but I find that it makes the intro much more interesting.

Lemme know when ya get a minute.

Peace.

-- J

synths, vox samples etc is all cool. im excited to hear these now...

Cool...I'll leave it in then. YAY...

yeah defo from the polish textures..... i think skalpel sampled a Jerzy milian track on this one...but i know they and jazzanova have sampled alot of the Muza record label (polish national jazz label) i love Namyslowski and things Krogg....but there is loads of polish that still hasnt seen the light in the western world of hiphop.....look up a guy called 'noon' .... hes pretty much the a household name in polish hiphop production and digs out the best of polish archives....think his dad or uncle was behind the band WAZOO which were a 70's polish jazz/funk fusion band.

Big Up Poland ....n get yoself some ton-plates

anyone new to plish jazz check these cats out:

KRZYSZTOF KOMEDA

TOMASZ STANKO

ZBIGNIEW NAMYSLOWSKI

NOVI SINGERS

JERZY MILIAN TRIO

ARP-LIFE

also you can find almost any american or english 70's funk /jazz release over in poland on tonplates (square vinyl like dub plates , that were copied in there thousands during the 70's maybe even in basements and bedrooms....the quality aint 100% but some good finds to be had.

having said all that the sample choice is a bit blatent ...perhaps we should all remix a DJ PREMIER track next week!?!?!??!?!

the sample choice is a bit blatent ...perhaps we should all remix a DJ PREMIER track next week!?!?!??!?!

my apologies. :blink:

I ONLY SAMPLE ZZTOP RECORDS BECAUSE i WANNA BE LIKE MADLIB ON HIS HIT SONG WITH MF DOOM FUNKY CLOWN.

DAn should enter...if not now, then next week...just for kickz...

No way he's got time for a beat battle, he has to have that album ready by august you know!

No way he's got time for a beat battle, he has to have that album ready by august you know!

i heard Tim Dog ran up inside Dans studio and smashed his shit up, so really he's got too much on right now to be worrying about our hobbyist beat battles.

LoL...yeah...I know it sounds bad, but for the amount of shit dude talks about everything, I wanna hear what he's capable of.

And mine...

http://www.myspace.com/jukeboxsd

Pardon the long intro...I just think it fits the vocal sample (old Alan Lomax prison work song recording)