• Announcements

• ST Bot

STMB   01/22/2017

Sorry for the outage. The board went down for repairs on January 5th, and we didn't expect to be out for a full 16 days.  STMB is using a default skin, as you can see, and that will probably be the case for a few weeks.  Meanwhile, the board is working better than it ever has before.  
BigErnMcCracken

STMB Beat Battle #18

32 posts in this topic

Bill won last round so he'll post the next original or pass it. This was a pretty weak week (haha) as far as the voting was concerned.

Maybe it might be time for a change of some sort because these last two or three original samples have been pretty boring (imo) :( .

Bill won last round so he'll post the next original or pass it. This was a pretty weak week (haha) as far as the voting was concerned.

Maybe it might be time for a change of some sort because these last two or three original samples have been pretty boring (imo) :( .

wouldn't it be cool to have a bollywood sample to commemorate beat konducta vol. 3?

:P

Yeah...that'd be pretty tight...let's see what Bill pulls out of his hat though...

EDIT: I do have to admit I'm pretty burnt on the jazz samples though...

i think the bollywood is best left to madlib.

ive got no idea what you would like to sample ideally....... tastes are so different on here, some want rock some want soul, so this will have to do yers.......theres a couple different sections in it, plenty to chop at : Quincy Jones - Tribute To AE/Daydreaming

Add your own drums ect, synths if you need, have fun.

i started workin on something, and what a surprise..it's really monged out. i don't think i'm actually capable of making energetic beats.

sorry for not voting in the last one, was away.

feelin the sample choice here btw

Wasn't able to vote either, but my vote would've been for Bill anyway :)

No time to make a track either, but should get one ready this time. Nice song to sample, Quincy is the man!

Damn...I started one up but never finished it. Maybe I'll have time after work today...

I Got Something Cooking

I Will Try and Get It Up Sometime Today

deadline today eh? i was working on something but DAMN i think mine'll suck so bad compared to those 2 already turned in :P

Finally finished mine, but I'm not necessarily feelin it all that much...wasn't very inspired: http://www.myspace.com/jukeboxsd

Added in the piano synth & drums (madlib kicks...questlove snares)...everything else is chops...

critiques...

Patch Lunch: Dig yours man, but the drums sounded just slightly off...no quantize goin' on? Really dig the bass though...that pulsing bassline is dope...the soloing was dope too...

G-ONG: Holy shit! Yours is NICE. Great vibe...kinda creepy, but cool....good pauses...

Bill: Not sure about how I like the intro part..kinda rushed up on me and startled me...especially after the smooth tracks I just listened to...on the other side though your chops are dope in this...didn't imagine making that upbeat when I first checked the sample. Nice flip.

Snub: Picked my favorite loop out of the whole sample track, but your drums are soundin FLAT. Might just be my speakers though...but the kicks sounded too high pitched for the whole thing. Also could have benefitted from some double kicks every now & then...to funk the beat a little. Sounded like you might have had some good stuff happening in the background but it was a bit low. The little fade-in samples that kicked every now & then seemed too high in the mix too.

Wig Master: Sounded great...the chops were dope...only criticism is I kept waiting for something to drop...know what I mean? Like some drums to kick in or something to happen. Felt like a really long intro. I think it would have been much more dope if there were the same buildup with somethin boomin' dropping in after a few bars...

Jazzur: Cool chops. Sounds like you used different parts from most everyone else, and I gotta give respect for that. Also diggin that snare (at least at low volume...dont wanna wake my girl up).

Damn, no time this week, got started on something last night, but I fell asleep (so it probably wasn't that good <_<)

See y'all in the voting thread..

http://myspace.com/bumfrumtheuppercrust

Little Late And I Didn't Follow the Rules.

But Here It Is...

I can dig it....

The "War" joint is dope too....

that pic that you posted on here before...is that an alien workshop fitted?

Are You Talking About the Picture With me And My Girlfriend..

I Got the Orange Shirt On?

Because Yes It Is... But I Don't Know How In God Fucks Name You Knew That

Bills and G-ong's are sounding nice and tasty this week by the way.