• Announcements

• ST Bot

STMB   01/22/2017

Sorry for the outage. The board went down for repairs on January 5th, and we didn't expect to be out for a full 16 days.  STMB is using a default skin, as you can see, and that will probably be the case for a few weeks.  Meanwhile, the board is working better than it ever has before.  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
DeeSupreme

Madlib Chocolatecity mix

34 posts in this topic

lol @ the "madlib thinks the cover is ugly" :lol:

the mix is G-R-A-N-D as i would say (as kankick would say he would say)... haha, i recieved a message from stones throw bot that this mix has been in the site for download since 2001 and i thought he deleted this topic :lol:... ive been listenning to the mix whole day, right from the morning in the train, afternoon in the train and now at home... GRAAAANNDDD

yeh definately a great mix, i usually listen to a sequence of mixes, first dj trouble's a journey into fresh diggin, then worldwide with giles peterson, live on friday night flavors and then kcrw's chocolate city

i think friday night flavors though is the best...but it changes from time to time

The Papa song sounds different to the one on YNQ's Angles Without Edges album. Does anyone know where I can find the version Madlib plays on this mix? Is this sort of like a Joe McDuphrey Experience version?

Anyways, brilliant mix!

Great mix indeed! Heard a couple tracks sampled on Petestrumentals and Special Herbs in there, always a delight.

okay i've been looking for the track the good morning sunshine was sampled from. Everywhere I go they 'say' that the track sampled is Back In The Country by Hurricane Smith & its true for the drum break but what about the other part?

okay i've been looking for the track the good morning sunshine was sampled from. Everywhere I go they 'say' that the track sampled is Back In The Country by Hurricane Smith & its true for the drum break but what about the other part?

no idea if you're still looking but i recently heard the mix and freaked out trying to find that song. it's Wafer Scale Integration by Prince Jammy. i'd link it but it's not on the youtube only random covers

the Joe McDuphrey version of Papa is seriously great i need this in an mp3 or on a release or something

Woke up from a nap and thought this was the "Madlib Chocolate Factory remix" thread haha

Otis Jackson Jr + R Kelly= Chocolate Factory Remixes

1 person likes this

No joke... I am from the Chi... and this would be nutz!

When I imagine Madlib remixes of The R ... I hear that D'Angelo remix on the Carhartt Mix.

Either this needs to happen ASAP or we need a proper R&B crooner over some of Otis' finest gems, no disrespect to Dudley or Georgia. But the people have been clamoring for a R&B album for a while now. The few tracks that Erykah got on the last two albums was just an appetizer for what The Madlib could bring to the table for a dope ass singer. I was even feeling the chick on this joint from that Beat Generation album Otis put out, omg, like five years ago (?!).

Don't sleep on the remix that MED put on one of those Bang Ya Head releases a few years ago as well...

Either this needs to happen ASAP or we need a proper R&B crooner over some of Otis' finest gems, no disrespect to Dudley or Georgia. But the people have been clamoring for a R&B album for a while now. The few tracks that Erykah got on the last two albums was just an appetizer for what The Madlib could bring to the table for a dope ass singer. I was even feeling the chick on this joint from that Beat Generation album Otis put out, omg, like five years ago (?!).

Don't sleep on the remix that MED put on one of those Bang Ya Head releases a few years ago as well...

I always thought this was a fireball.

BJ The Chicago Kid would be a live stick of dynamite with a full album of Madlib instrumentals.

man that Yo-Yo Affair song is so awesome. everytime i hear it i imagine a Madlib x Brandy full album or something like that.

BJ The Chicago Kid would be tight with madlib. a whole Madlib R&B compilation album would be killer

BJ The Chicago Kid would be tight with madlib. a whole Madlib R&B compilation album would be killer

I'm loving both ideas guys. Someone tell Egon..