• Announcements

• ST Bot

STMB   01/22/2017

Sorry for the outage. The board went down for repairs on January 5th, and we didn't expect to be out for a full 16 days.  STMB is using a default skin, as you can see, and that will probably be the case for a few weeks.  Meanwhile, the board is working better than it ever has before.  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
judono?

i still don't understand why no kankick album on SThrow

49 posts in this topic

it only seems logical for there to be at least one kankick album on the stones throw label.. as dusted as his beats are.. i don't understand why not

it only seems logical for there to be at least one kankick album on the stones throw label.. as dusted as his beats are.. i don't understand why not

yeah it's kinda weird.

I still don´t understand why no second Wildchild album on SThrow.

Perfect match and my dream would be a Wildchild LP entirely produced by Kankick on ST. (with a Raekwon feature)

1 person likes this

Well KanKick does work with the camp from the Ox.

One day he'll join us @ Stones Throw, until that day.

we shall just wait..

I knew a guy that grew up with Kankick and he told me that Kankick was offered to sign with the label but he didn't want to sign with Stones Throw because the owner, PBW, was white. He was telling me about how they'd get into fights all the time about race. Adam, who was jewish, was telling me that Kankick would say some racist shit and say he couldn't be racist because he was black and that African Americans were so oppressed that they were unable of racism.

He was saying that he still lives with his mom and that despite the bull he said regarding not signing with ST, he did signed to an indy label that was owned by a white guy.

Aparently Kankick was one of the founding members of the Lootpack, but they kicked him out. (they're obviously still down though, just not in the same group)

Of coarse this is all what that guy told me, so I personally don't know how true the story is.

I new a guy that grew up with Kankick and he told me that Kankick was offered to sign with the label but he didn't want to sign with Stones Throw because the owner, PBW, was white. He was telling me about how they'd get into fights all the time about race. Adam, who was jewish, was telling me that Kankick would say some racist shit and say he couldn't be racist because he was black and that African Americans were so oppressed that they were unable of racism.

He was saying that he still lives with his mom and that despite the bull he said regarding not signing with ST, he did signed to an indy label that was owned by a white guy.

Aparently Kankick was one of the founding members of the Lootpack, but they kicked him out. (they're obviously still down though, just not in the same group)

Of coarse this is all what that guy told me, so I personally don't know how true the story is.

Intresting story, kinda funny though ;)

I've always wondered the same thing. I have a real hard time tracking down his stuff, like that Bored mix. Ah well...

Intresting story, kinda funny though :D

Yea I lol'd off that too

Wassup with God's Gift and Dr. Oop/ Droop

Intresting story, kinda funny though :lol:

i dont know whats funny about racism!?!?

i still don't understand why no:

-melvin van peebles

-third quasimoto

-second MED

-second jaylib

-second madvillainy

-second lootpack

get released!

Yo... yall need to kill that racist talk about Kan. One of his closest homies, music wise, is Blame 1 (the dude's white). Another of his beat making partners is Archives (A Mexican cat). He be at Dj Rome's spot all the time (another mexican cat). He has produced our first single off of our upcoming album entitled We Came for the Title and our group consists of hella different races (4 Blacks, 2 Mex, 1 Fil, 1 White/Mex). Truth is, he doesn't dig how Stones throw gets down on the business side of things. I'm not familiar with the details on their business dealings, BUT that is why you will NEVER see a Kan album on Stones... kill that racist noise...

Yo... yall need to kill that racist talk about Kan. One of his closest homies, music wise, is Blame 1 (the dude's white). Another of his beat making partners is Archives (A Mexican cat). He be at Dj Rome's spot all the time (another mexican cat). He has produced our first single off of our upcoming album entitled We Came for the Title and our group consists of hella different races (4 Blacks, 2 Mex, 1 Fil, 1 White/Mex). Truth is, he doesn't dig how Stones throw gets down on the business side of things. I'm not familiar with the details on their business dealings, BUT that is why you will NEVER see a Kan album on Stones... kill that racist noise...

Kans the man and only a few will understand.

connected people arent racist..just real.

he has his reasons for what he does...

god has his back and he knows thats all he needs in this world..

plus KanKick will break your face!

OX Originill FonkFarm fo life SUKAS!!!!

i saw this blog on his myspace page but i don't really get it...

"SOON COME I'M KILLIN' THIS PAGE DUE TO "FUNNY BUSINESS PRACTICES" DONE BY "WHOEVER" PUT MY CD ON THIS PAGE!!"

"DONE BY "WHOEVER" PUT MY CD ON THIS PAGE!!" what does he mean by that...?

anyway, an album on ST would be nice, but i don't really care what label he's on. as long as his music gets released i'm happy.

some weeks ago i bought 2 copies of "cal i foreigner ep", that ep is off the chain. "serious business this!" is also a classic.

monophonic...where did you find that cal i foreigner ep? i've been trying to find that forever (and from artz unknown on vinyl).

and i don't care who puts his sh!t out, i just want somebody to press it on vinyl (too many cd only releases)

i saw this blog on his myspace page but i don't really get it...

"SOON COME I'M KILLIN' THIS PAGE DUE TO "FUNNY BUSINESS PRACTICES" DONE BY "WHOEVER" PUT MY CD ON THIS PAGE!!"

"DONE BY "WHOEVER" PUT MY CD ON THIS PAGE!!" what does he mean by that...?

anyone....?

Doesn't Stones Throw already have enough instrumental hip-hop? I dig Kankick and all, but I'd rather them recruit a few more dope emcees. It'd be nice if they got kankick to lace those albums with a few beats, but I think they've got the instrumental department covered.

Doesn't Stones Throw already have enough instrumental hip-hop? I dig Kankick and all, but I'd rather them recruit a few more dope emcees. It'd be nice if they got kankick to lace those albums with a few beats, but I think they've got the instrumental department covered.

not really

Geech

I still don´t understand why no second Wildchild album on SThrow.

Perfect match and my dream would be a Wildchild LP entirely produced by Kankick on ST. (with a Raekwon feature)

Word!

1 person likes this

all day mayne

all daaaaayyyyyyy

Geechay!!!

keep it gutta Geechavelli, but grave diggin' threads from 07 is a no-no.

ob·nox·ious - annoying or objectionable due to being a showoff or attracting undue attention to oneself: an obnoxious little brat.

ob·nox·ious - annoying or objectionable due to being a showoff or attracting undue attention to oneself: an obnoxious little brat.

Dat passive aggressive lifestyle might not make it.

just say what you wanna say to Who you wanna say it to, my nigga.

Websters isn't gonna help you,

you lookin' like a straight bitch right now bruh bruh.