• Announcements

• ST Bot

STMB   01/22/2017

Sorry for the outage. The board went down for repairs on January 5th, and we didn't expect to be out for a full 16 days.  STMB is using a default skin, as you can see, and that will probably be the case for a few weeks.  Meanwhile, the board is working better than it ever has before.  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
j303

strange fruit project

10 posts in this topic

i picked up one their singles about 2 years agoa and i thought that was it..

it appears they have a new album out... i heard the info on it...

what im curious about is - has anyone heard their first full length release... reviews anyone?

yea, their older work is pretty dope. Im unsure as to why they signed with om records. dont get me wrong om put out some very good music and im a huge fan, but hip hop wise, they dont do much,....they have dope artists, but they dont do a good enough job of promoting their hip hop artists. they had P.U.T.S for a while but could not keep them. anyways much luv to strange fruit good quality music.

its alright... kinda generic in my opinion.

your talking about their first album, or the second one w/9th?

I've got "The Healing"......their 2nd.

9th produced one track, Phonte & Pooh are on a track, Erykah Badu is on a track, and um, yeah.....

It's a solid album. It's very reminiscent of LB, but more like if you took LB and mashed them together with Asamov. (I'm sorry, the AB's) Pretty good stuff. Check it.

i wouldn't mind an instrumental of that... excluding the erikah tracks. they claim they are semi- quasi - christian hip hop...

The only good tracks are Illmind & 9th's tracks. Jake One's track was kind of generic and mainstream soundin. Go cop Soul Travelin' it's better then the new one for sure.

soul travelin... thats what i want...

thanks! ;)

Best way to describe this album...

The Tab Cola version of Lil Brother...

lol. hit it on the nose. :lol: