• Announcements

• ST Bot

STMB   01/22/2017

Sorry for the outage. The board went down for repairs on January 5th, and we didn't expect to be out for a full 16 days.  STMB is using a default skin, as you can see, and that will probably be the case for a few weeks.  Meanwhile, the board is working better than it ever has before.  
Toya?

STMB Beat Battle #10

59 posts in this topic

If you all haven't drawn the conclusion...this is Ern...At any rate...

I'm on her computer and I forgot to log into my name....

This battle win goes to sera #1...And truthfully I think its a bout time.

He always has dope entries and personally I've voted for him on multiple

occasions so, hats off to sera and we'll be waiting to see what you have for

us. Also once again big up to the noobs for the beat entries.

RULES

1. Use the sample provided, drums and synth (only if allowed by the sample poster)

OR (For remix purposes) Use the acapella provided and you can use any beat you want.

2. No songs in pass the deadline.

3. DO NOT submit your entry until the day of the deadline.

Friday the 20th @ 12am - 11:59pm.

We've been slacking on this rule. Voting starts Saturday the 21th @ 12am

until Sunday the 22th @ 10am.

4. Winner picks the original song for the next round.

Or He/She can pass the pick to someone else.

ok, here we go

first off, thanks for your vote.

since it's the 10th round i thought about making something special this time.

well, it's not that special ;)

it's a remix combined with samplesources you should use

the acappella is 'root down' beastie boys

you must use elements from the files provided!!!!!! and, you can add your own drums, synths anything you wanna use, other samplesources as well.

have fun ;)

http://www.esnips.com/web/STMB

can you post the last 2 mp3's somewhere else, cause it wont let me download the rest, even though i am signed in...

EDIT: never mind, got it to work :mellow:

no offense, but these remix battles are really limiting in terms of a beat battle...any chance the next joint will just be beat against beat?

no offense, but these remix battles are really limiting in terms of a beat battle...any chance the next joint will just be beat against beat?

how is it limiting? you can use whatever beat you want.

ON A SIDENOTE

YO! I'm doing a Beat Battle MIX so send me mp3s of past beats submitted that you might want on the mix.

matter of fact send two.

thedevmeister@gmail.com

i've already jacked a couple off some of you guys' myspace so you know......watch out!

ON A SIDENOTE

maybe its just the accapella selections, but you really can't just use any beat you want it has to mesh with the vocals in a certain way...which most of the time restricts aspects like drum patterns, how you flip samples, cuz you got to have the sequence match the vocals for a cohesive joint...I can see the positives of both types of battles, but just going beat for beat allows you to get wild on the tracks with no regard...

hm, i think the, "flip what was given" is much more limiting, but it's all good. i'm shure the 'beat for beat' is making a comeback the next rounds.

hm, i think the, "flip what was given" is much more limiting, but it's all good. i'm shure the 'beat for beat' is making a comeback the next rounds.

yeah, but I guess that rules are meant to limit, hopefully I can catch a vibe off that accapella and enter this this round...can't wait to hear what errbody comes up with...

maybe its just the accapella selections, but you really can't just use any beat you want it has to mesh with the vocals in a certain way...which most of the time restricts aspects like drum patterns, how you flip samples, cuz you got to have the sequence match the vocals for a cohesive joint...I can see the positives of both types of battles, but just going beat for beat allows you to get wild on the tracks with no regard...

ok....well can't you just make a beat to go with the vocals/acapella?

ahh...made a REEALLLY good beat with the 1st sample that sera gave (good one, too), but i could not for the life of me get that beastie acapella to work with it....

im out this one, ill come back in for #11 <_<

i'm done --- and i had fun. although my ears are ringing a little bit now!! come on guys - lets rinse these bloody beasties!

So can anyone tell me if we have to use the funk song sample or do we just have to use the acapela?

So can anyone tell me if we have to use the funk song sample or do we just have to use the acapela?

just use the acapella and use whatever beat you want.

ON A SIDENOTE

YO! I'm doing a Beat Battle MIX so send me mp3s of past beats submitted that you might want on the mix.

matter of fact send two.

thedevmeister@gmail.com

i've already jacked a couple off some of you guys' myspace so you know......watch out!

i mean damn is it like that?

Sorry....newb on the scene here wantin to get things straight. Just wanna make sure I'm on the right track.

Only rule for this one is to take the Beastie Boys Root Down Acapella and make a remix of it...any samples you use are up to you...no one specific track you have to sample from. And that's it?

If I'm wrong let me know...if I'm right, but you wanna flame me for being a newbie, please be gentle. lol

Sorry....newb on the scene here wantin to get things straight. Just wanna make sure I'm on the right track.

Only rule for this one is to take the Beastie Boys Root Down Acapella and make a remix of it...any samples you use are up to you...no one specific track you have to sample from. And that's it?

If I'm wrong let me know...if I'm right, but you wanna flame me for being a newbie, please be gentle. lol

that's correct

that's correct

correctomondo --- i've redone mine and made it more zulu!! roll on friday.

Well good...that means I have homework to get on ASAP! I have 2 days basically. Hope mine works well...being a first-timer & all...

Thanks for the help!

im still mad, i made a GREAT beat with that billy cobham track, but it really didn't work with the acapella

:mellow::angry: :angry:

OK...I finished mine...lol...I usually rush these sorts things a bit too much, but I think I actually got a decent one here for my first attempt on the ST board...ya'll probably gonna kick my ass though...lol...gonna play up that newbie angle for mercy!

----deleted----

sorry...newbie mistake...

im still mad, i made a GREAT beat with that billy cobham track, but it really didn't work with the acapella

:mellow::blink: :blink:

post the beat now anyway -- no point in keeping a good beat to yourself.

Yo Pencilface...I deleted mine, but now you have the link in your quote from my post...lol