• Announcements

• ST Bot

STMB   01/22/2017

Sorry for the outage. The board went down for repairs on January 5th, and we didn't expect to be out for a full 16 days.  STMB is using a default skin, as you can see, and that will probably be the case for a few weeks.  Meanwhile, the board is working better than it ever has before.  
Sanka

Baseball

43 posts in this topic

Anyone else here an MLB fan ???

I'm pretty amped for this season. Being from the Northeast, baseball is not only my favorite sport but it signifies the beginning of Spring (which equals warmth). They are about to kick off the Saturday baseball games today with The Mets (surprise) v. The Braves. So far that's three nationally televised games for the Mets (2 on ESPN this past week). Well, whatever ... I'm just glad it's back.

I'm a Red Sox fan but I'll root for the Cubs, Phillies or Marlins when they are on.

Anyone else here an MLB fan ???

I'm pretty amped for this season. Being from the Northeast, baseball is not only my favorite sport but it signifies the beginning of Spring (which equals warmth). They are about to kick off the Saturday baseball games today with The Mets (surprise) v. The Braves. So far that's three nationally televised games for the Mets (2 on ESPN this past week). Well, whatever ... I'm just glad it's back.

I'm a Red Sox fan but I'll root for the Cubs, Phillies or Marlins when they are on.

Being a Braves fan, last night's game was a disappointment, 11 to 1?? If you were watching the game on TV you could see all of the people leaving by the 6th inning.

i like watchin the mlb. dont really have a team cause my city doesnt have one so i never got into one team. but i like watching any teams when ther on. i see a lot of braves cause of tbs

sf giants fan till i die.

What do you think of Barry Bonds* and the home run record ???

no way he shoud be able to keep it. its cheating.u dont see hank aaron cheating and using drugs to make himself better. i dont see why anyone would even think twice about letting him keep it. HE CHEATED. u dont cheat and then get credited for the home run record. thats just morally wrong and wrong to hank aaron who earned his record WITHOUT cheating

i think it is hard to compare records from different eras in sports considering how much the game changes. i am convinced the dude did roids and can't wait for him to leave the team so we can move on. at the same time bonds will go down in history as one of the greatest to ever play the game regardless of what happens.

Toronto%20Blue%20Jays%20CO.gif

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

OK BLUE JAYS

You've got a diamond

You've got nine men

You've got a hat and a bat

And that's not all

You've got the bleachers

Got 'em from spring 'til fall

You got a dog and a drink

And the umpire's call

Waddaya want?

Let's play ball!

(Chorus)

Okay (okay)

Blue Jays (Blue Jays)

Let's (Let's) Play (Play) Ball!

Is that a fly ball

Or is it a seagull

Coming in from the lake

Just to catch the game?

It's the last inning

Our guys are winning

Dave's put down a smoker

A strike

And you've got no doubt

(You're out!)

Waddaya want?

Let's play ball!

(Chorus)

It's a beautiful evenin', fans

At the ballpark

Warm summer breezes

Sun's goin' down

And it's all dark

At the ballpark

But that's okay…it's a night game

Waddaya want?

Let's play ball!

(Chorus)

Bring on the White Sox

Bring on the BoSox

Bring on the Brewers

The Rangers and the Yankees too

We'll beat the Indians

We'll beat the Tigers

We'll beat the A's so bad it'll make

Billy blue

Waddaya want?

Let's play ball!

(Chorus)

I'm looking forward to a great season.

i think it is hard to compare records from different eras in sports considering how much the game changes. i am convinced the dude did roids and can't wait for him to leave the team so we can move on. at the same time bonds will go down in history as one of the greatest to ever play the game regardless of what happens.

yes but part of the reason hes gonna go down in history is because he cheated. so it doesnt mean anything. he wouldnt have broken the homerun record without steroids. same goes for mark mcguire

It's a beautiful evenin', fans

At the ballpark

Warm summer breezes

Sun's goin' down

And it's all dark

At the ballpark

But that's okay…it's a night game

Waddaya want?

Let's play ball!

I hate to say it dude but your ballpark is one of the worst in all of baseball. It's such a cookie cutter park it makes me wanna cry. YOu do have real cheap beer though (Alexander Keith's!) so I ain't mad at cha.

Best of Luck ... but not THAT much.

yes but part of the reason hes gonna go down in history is because he cheated. so it doesnt mean anything. he wouldnt have broken the homerun record without steroids. same goes for mark mcguire

I kinda hope he gets hurt this season and is unable to break the record. It just makes me sort of mad to see people rewarded for cheating. Although he didn't break any Baseball Rules just the name "performance enhancing drug" equals cheating to me.

Lets Go Oakland. We're off to a shitty start yeah, but we always do. ANd the Giants are looking garbage, the team needs to get rid of Randy Wynn and Pedro Feliz.

And honestly, Barry Bonds will break the Home run record this year but so what, in a few more years Alex Rodriguez will break it again.

I hate to say it dude but your ballpark is one of the worst in all of baseball. It's such a cookie cutter park it makes me wanna cry. YOu do have real cheap beer though (Alexander Keith's!) so I ain't mad at cha.

Best of Luck ... but not THAT much.

Agreed. The Rogers Centre is a sad state of affairs.

Blue Jays Baseball has always been good for that...Beer :P

Not if you were at the Jays home opener last night Klay.

9-1 win for the Jays.

Sweet!!!

Oh hell yes. So glad this thread already exists. I'm so damn ready for this season.

Pwts9VA.gif

That looks so tasty.

Mangoes is on a budget until the mango cash crop comes in.

In the mean time, beer is not included in my budget.

Beer.

-homer drool.

I stay rocking powder blue mleP7Yyr5QH40HG0OkBF21w.jpg

1 person likes this

We're here, fucking FINALLY. Who's ready? Anybody going to any opening week games?

i don't give two shits about baseball haha

1 person likes this

Dude! I want to go to a game at Coors Field so bad.

1 person likes this

Dude! I want to go to a game at Coors Field so bad.

is it like one of the more well-known MLB stadiums around the country? i just always thought of it as a standard field...pretty fun though, i guess. haven't been there since i was like 10 though with my grandpa.

is it like one of the more well-known MLB stadiums around the country? i just always thought of it as a standard field...pretty fun though, i guess. haven't been there since i was like 10 though with my grandpa.

Oh man, so gorgeous. You guys have famous sunsets too.

ljK8Qee.jpg

I'm not complaining though, SF has one of the most beautiful parks in America. But one day I will watch a game in Denver!

I hear ya. I'll go if the tickets are free, but my free money and time go towards music and bikes.