• Announcements

• ST Bot

STMB   01/22/2017

Sorry for the outage. The board went down for repairs on January 5th, and we didn't expect to be out for a full 16 days.  STMB is using a default skin, as you can see, and that will probably be the case for a few weeks.  Meanwhile, the board is working better than it ever has before.  
GC90

MADLIB

667 posts in this topic

I got to get to one of his shows. Madlib, come to Boston

anyone catch the fireside chat on Red bull? or is this the same interview with mao that's on youtube, I saw karriem riggings name as well

anyone catch the fireside chat on Red bull? or is this the same interview with mao that's on youtube, I saw karriem riggings name as well

From what I can make, it's snippets from the same interview (at least Madlib's responses) and includes the music tracks that weren't played in the video. Better for that.

ok cool thx bros

listened to the very last track on Rock Konducta vol 2 and the "never again" chant almost sounded like "9/11"...creepy

I don't know if this is the video they meant, but this was just published today Digging with Madlib

Nice!! Didn't see this one posted, very cool they focused on the Brazil stuff too. Ever since MMS 2 that got me super hooked on the Brazil stuff, especially on Marcos Valle who he mentions there (seriously, every single one of his records Light in the Attic repressed are fantastic and worth the purchase). Toquinho y Vinicius and Elis Regina also stuff I got into quite a bit as a result of Madlib. Would be amazing hanging out with Joel Stones and checking out his records too, he seems like a very cool dude too and that Brazil compilation he put out awhile back is a good one.

So it looks like there will be a new fireside chat today? Looking forward to that vid

Here's a random one from Marcos Valle album I've been playing a bit recently, the intro is bananas

5 people like this

I just want to chill with the dude for a day.

Madlib seems so laid back and cool.

I want to go digging with him and see how he shops for records, what he looks for. Gain some knowledge.

I want to be in the same room as him when he's on the 303 pads. See his workflow. Hear some unreleased stuff. Listen to some beat tapes.

See what kind of weed he smokes.

3 people like this

I just want to chill with the dude for a day.

Madlib seems so laid back and cool.

I want to go digging with him and see how he shops for records, what he looks for. Gain some knowledge.

I want to be in the same room as him when he's on the 303 pads. See his workflow. Hear some unreleased stuff. Listen to some beat tapes.

See what kind of weed he smokes.

RuckusObama.jpg

1 person likes this

14134967_1733919463535512_2013161119_n.j

good to see Gibbs is working on some new Madlib tracks, aka "Otis Shit"

2 people like this

Gibbs has rape charges on his head, music should be completely secondary if not an afterthought all together

Gibbs has rape charges on his head, music should be completely secondary if not an afterthought all together

??? What should he be doing? Cowering in a corner waiting to be arrested? Walking around helping old ladies cross the street?

2 people like this

Not that he's the one promoting the new music or anything –– I know it's his manager, which I get –– but it CAN come across as a little insensitive or distasteful.

Not that he's the one promoting the new music or anything –– I know it's his manager, which I get –– but it CAN come across as a little insensitive or distasteful.

It's his job. I dunno what you expect him to do man.

And here it is: http://www.rappcats.com/madlib-medicine-show-the-brick/

CD brick comes with all 13 albums, vinyl version is made of the Madlib productions. Glossy digipack sleeves in a box rather than the standard jewel cases wrapped together. Neat.

1 person likes this

MADLIB came to a college near me back in 2006. RPI, in Upstate NY. For what reason i have no idea.

My mother never drove me to see him. My friend was able to go. I'm still mad at my mother to this day.

1303922065_dog-poops-on-girl.gif

FUCK THE NOISE ... BEAGLE UP MADLIB AND DROP SOME SHIT. LITERALLY PEOPLE WILL SCRAMBLE FOR HIS DRY SCALP SKIN BEATS.

GO AHEAD TAKE THE TITLE ... DRY SCALP SKIN BEATS.

MADLIB came to a college near me back in 2006. RPI, in Upstate NY. For what reason i have no idea.

My mother never drove me to see him. My friend was able to go. I'm still mad at my mother to this day.

I was there, it was for the opening of a new performing arts building on campus, j rocc was there too and it was dope as fuck!!! i showed up a little late and had missed some of j roccs set, i'm fairly sure the school has to have a recording of the performance, would love to hear it again

I was there, it was for the opening of a new performing arts building on campus, j rocc was there too and it was dope as fuck!!! i showed up a little late and had missed some of j roccs set, i'm fairly sure the school has to have a recording of the performance, would love to hear it again

Whatttt!!!! Thats crazy, i still will never forget that day? Are you located in Albany? I gotta see if they have a recording its literally been 10 years. Crazy that someone here remembers that day. My homie who went names was mark, he made beats. That's not you by any chance lol

Yo I went to school at HVCC just last year like 5 minutes from RPI lol that's crazy

Bout due for another Beat/Rock Konducta soon...

Still waiting on that kraftwerk konducta thing

1 person likes this

Still waiting on that kraftwerk konducta thing

I'm fiendin' for that one

I'm just fiending for *anything.* Guess Madlib is taking a well-deserved vacation, spending that Kanye check.