• Announcements

• ST Bot

STMB   01/22/2017

Sorry for the outage. The board went down for repairs on January 5th, and we didn't expect to be out for a full 16 days.  STMB is using a default skin, as you can see, and that will probably be the case for a few weeks.  Meanwhile, the board is working better than it ever has before.  
MattCoops

Wayniac Mondays

287 posts in this topic

KLCpAQA.png

Never saw this before, some good stuff here:

Listened in the mix, wow. Really hyped for this record, I enjoyed Rap Album One but in all honesty most of it was forgettable by now (I thought the cassettes were much better). Seems like he's gonna be a lot more introspective on this record, really liking the production sound of the EP he put out and these last few singles. Good stuff all around, hopefully the few singles means record is gonna be out soon.

2 people like this

^^tracks aight. Is all this leading up to an album??

Sounds great.

Revisiting this is false. Zeroh is an incredible rapper. Like if Busdriver wasn't annoying AF

btw there's like a new JW single or something

1 person likes this

Unbenanntjonwayne.png?v=1477953086

x-mas came early. 2LP, both beat tapes + 10 additional beats. (pre-order for dec)

YES

1 person likes this

Revisiting this is false. Zeroh is an incredible rapper. Like if Busdriver wasn't annoying AF

I fucking love me some motherfucking Zeroh!!!

I was just searching the ST site for his name and came across a link that says

Zeroh - Po' Looters feat. Mndsgn mp3 but when you click on it it just goes to a 404.

Google doesn't turn anything up. Could this mean a possible Zeroh/ST release? Or is this just an old song that got lost in the system? The mysteries are seemingly endless.

BTW, So fucking excited SCM is dropping HYG1&2!!!! I was hoping for a cassette release. SCM is fucking killing it of late. Nice to see Wayniac link up. Can't wait for whatever the fuck he's cooking up. From the sound of his recent singles I believe we're about to see a monster take over. His hanging out and recording with Kendrick is apparently helping.

Definitely sad to see the olden days of Jae, JW, and Zeroh pumping out dope shit but it sounds like Jon is in a better place mentally and physically so my hat is off to the man. If it takes changing the folks you spend your time with or the folks you do business with then so be it. All the best to the Wayniac. Tomorrow's Superfest will be that much less dope without him on the label anymore but toeachizown.

1 person likes this

I fucking love me some motherfucking Zeroh!!!

I was just searching the ST site for his name and came across a link that says

Zeroh - Po' Looters feat. Mndsgn mp3 but when you click on it it just goes to a 404.

Google doesn't turn anything up. Could this mean a possible Zeroh/ST release? Or is this just an old song that got lost in the system? The mysteries are seemingly endless.

Just noticed that this track is gonna be on Sofie's SOS Tape. C'heah!

Unbenanntjonwayne.png?v=1477953086

x-mas came early. 2LP, both beat tapes + 10 additional beats. (pre-order for dec)

YES

On the platter right NOW!!!!!

TYBG!

1 person likes this

how are the new beats sunny?

Oh so nice!!! Just what you would expect.

Definitely feeling how the new beats were incorporated into Vol. 1 & 2 as well. For those of us who've been bumping HYG since last year it's nice that the tracks are still in the same order for the most part.

the wayne man put out a heartfelt statement re: dealing with alcoholism and burning bridges, apparently responsible for his absence from the scene. at the end he claims rap album 2 is on its way

3 people like this

the wayne man put out a heartfelt statement re: dealing with alcoholism and burning bridges, apparently responsible for his absence from the scene. at the end he claims rap album 2 is on its way

CzGpPhVVIAAZKM1.jpg

Imma be honest.

I have a serious neurological pain disorder.

I've had seizures on operating tables for brain surgery.

I experience more pain eating a damn sandwich than most of you have your entire life.

It's not that I don't sympathize with Jon for his alcoholism. Addiction is terrible and excruciatingly painful thing to watch. But part of being an adult is learning how to deal with pain, and I don't know if tweeting a typewritten letter to a bunch of strangers is the best way to deal with that.

JW needs to man up. But that's him. I love Jon Wayne, captaincookie will forever be one of us, but breh needs to get his mental straight and lay off the typewriter. He could've just said "Rap Album 2 coming" and probably see a therapist about the other aspects if it's concerning him. He's turning into a fuckin' walking pintrest page. All type writer quotes and thoughts on sadness and rejection. I get it.

Idk though lady gaga just told everyone how she has ptsd from whatever, being turned into a puppet, and other suffers speak out and that helps them. But seriously ffs. If you want to talk to a group of people about alcoholism, go to AA, not twitter. Love you jon, get better.

2 people like this

Imma be honest.

I experience more pain eating a damn sandwich than most of you have your entire life.

JW needs to man up. But that's him. I love Jon Wayne, captaincookie will forever be one of us, but breh needs to get his mental straight and lay off the typewriter. He could've just said "Rap Album 2 coming". He's turning into a fuckin' walking pintrest page. All type writer quotes and thoughts on sadness and rejection. I get it.

Pretty dumb if that's what happened to not being on ST any longer too

1 person likes this

Pretty dumb if that's what happened to not being on ST any longer too

eh dumb, that's what alcoholism does, tears apart families. ST is a family.

It's just like, Jon, go get serious help bro. The 15k fans or w/e on twitter isn't going to be the best support group for this serious of a topic.

It's like if instead of seeing a neurologist I just kept doing dramatic shit on facebook thinking it worked out my inner pain, when really it's a lot harder than that. Opening up to a group of strangers online is easier than a one on one therapy session, I know because all of us talk to a group of strangers online all the time. He's taking the easy way out. What does he have to lose by posting that? Nothing. Seemed like a vapid attempt to gain sympathy followers but I'm the most cynical person I know.

Ayyo GC you remember those records I told you I had dibbs on? Do you still have 'em or did you sell 'em? Because Christmas is here and I can hit up my family for money like the lowlife that I am.

errr there seems to be some confusion, unless yall didn't read to the bottom. he's talking about his decision to quit drinking two and a half years ago. apparently ever since he's been on the road to recovery, getting himself into the shape he needed to be in to be a happy human and also make music. i'm sure he took whatever steps he felt were necessary, which by the way, WERE totally private as you recommend. seems nobody outside his circle was hip to this. Now he's announcing that he's clean and ready to get back at it. he's not seeking help, he's offering an explanation to his fans. not sure where the complaint enters.

essentially, this is the answer to a lot of JW questions that have been floating around for years, and probably explains the whole 'jonwayne is retired' saga, and might even explain the ST rift stuff as well?

2 people like this

Imma be honest.

It's not that I don't sympathize with Jon for his alcoholism. Addiction is terrible and excruciatingly painful thing to watch. But part of being an adult is learning how to deal with pain, and I don't know if tweeting a typewritten letter to a bunch of strangers is the best way to deal with that.

JW needs to man up. But that's him. I love Jon Wayne, captaincookie will forever be one of us, but breh needs to get his mental straight and lay off the typewriter. He could've just said "Rap Album 2 coming" and probably see a therapist about the other aspects if it's concerning him. He's turning into a fuckin' walking pintrest page. All type writer quotes and thoughts on sadness and rejection. I get it.

Idk though lady gaga just told everyone how she has ptsd from whatever, being turned into a puppet, and other suffers speak out and that helps them. But seriously ffs. If you want to talk to a group of people about alcoholism, go to AA, not twitter. Love you jon, get better.

He's a celebrity dude. A lot of people I'm sure were wondering where he went and why?

No disrespect but I doubt the same amount of people were wondering about your status.

I'd buy a comp of this on wax

Holla!

1 person likes this

"Just to be clear, I don't drink anymore. That letter wasn't a cry for help. I just feel like you guys deserved an explanation." -jonwayne

He heard you guys.

1 person likes this

JW needs to man up .... If you want to talk to a group of people about alcoholism, go to AA, not twitter.

He's a celebrity dude.

First thing, putting out an indie rap album doesn't make you a celebrity. Getting an article in XXL doesn't make you a celebrity. XXL writes about any random ass fools, and fake Quasimoto projects based on a misunderstood IG posts. Hell, being the guest on a late night TV show or being an actor doesn't even make you a celebrity in 2016. This is no dis to random ass underground dudes, I'm just saying.

No one should be told to "man up" by asking for help. No one should make fun of someone for admitting they got a problem. That said, I agree completely with GP's other statement.

A self-expose on Instagram doesn't mean you're a celebrity, it means you're a narcissist.

i get the sense he's been reading a lot of Bukowski...

but isn't it interesting that Jon's essentially become the main link connecting the Beat scene of the early 00's with the Beat scene of the late '50s? never really thought about it till just this second...but i guess there's more similarities between the two than i originally thought.

1 person likes this

First thing, putting out an indie rap album doesn't make you a celebrity. Getting an article in XXL doesn't make you a celebrity. XXL writes about any random ass fools, and fake Quasimoto projects based on a misunderstood IG posts. Hell, being the guest on a late night TV show or being an actor doesn't even make you a celebrity in 2016. This is no dis to random ass underground dudes, I'm just saying.

No one should be told to "man up" by asking for help. No one should make fun of someone for admitting they got a problem. That said, I agree completely with GP's other statement.

A self-expose on Instagram doesn't mean you're a celebrity, it means you're a narcissist.

I go t get the beef.

He had a serious issue. He let his fan base know about it in the realist way he felt possible.

??

He let his fan base know about it in the realist way he felt possible.

I don't buy that. Not downplaying or belittling his issues, and I respect anyone who can admit and deal with their issues. I'm just saying, it's a typical of self-centered, attention-seeking narcissists to take their issues public in this way. He comes across as someone with the luxury to think about himself, a LOT.

If you're on any social media, you know the type. We all do. They're not rare.

1 person likes this

I don't buy that. Not downplaying or belittling his issues, and I respect anyone who can admit and deal with their issues. I'm just saying, it's a typical of self-centered, attention-seeking narcissists to take their issues public in this way. He comes across as someone with the luxury to think about himself, a LOT.

If you're on any social media, you know the type. We all do. They're not rare.

So are the naysayers saying they don't like Wayne or how he handled it?

Anyhow, I'm so whatever with this.

lmao reading comprehension folks

My parents are English teachers, I knew every point you made before I made my cynical attack on a dude admitting to alcoholism.

"GP he's gone through it okay, he's gone through 2 AND A HALF YEARS of private therapy." Yeah and I'm year 8 and counting of having a neurological disease, we all have problems. And it wasn't to let everyone know where he went because that shit happened two and a half years ago. Everyone got over it and we're all waiting for his next album, he's picking at an old wound for attention because he needs to fill the void left by quitting alcohol.

My point that he's turning into a walking pintrest page stands.

"Guuuuys, remember when I said I was retired two years ago? I know you were all just lying in bed at night wondering what that was about - here let me tell you on a typewritten letter. Oh also I just happen to be releasing a sequel" Shit's shady. Don't announce your next album while simultaneously trying to act like a victim of alcohol because it makes me think you're trying to get sympathy retweets and boost your sales. I love jonwayne, and I hope he gets better, he's one of us. But c'mon, man up and don't use your problems as a way to sell your music.

He's a celebrity dude. A lot of people I'm sure were wondering where he went and why?

No disrespect but I doubt the same amount of people were wondering about your status.

I never said they were waiting for me to drop an album, asshole, and even though you meant no disrespect if we ever meet I'm socking you in the jaw. And I get why you came at me. But it is what it is, we cool otherwise mango. Maybe I'll just challenge you to a break dance battle like it's 2000 again. You ain't fuckin with my rockstep into handstand-worm combo, #facts

I'll do the wop on your ass homie

1 person likes this