• Announcements

• ST Bot

STMB   01/22/2017

Sorry for the outage. The board went down for repairs on January 5th, and we didn't expect to be out for a full 16 days.  STMB is using a default skin, as you can see, and that will probably be the case for a few weeks.  Meanwhile, the board is working better than it ever has before.  
SHAHULK

STBB #372

101 posts in this topic

I was really confused by the rules :D , so although i don't have a microphone to record my beatboxing and i don't have organic drums to play on i extracted the drums from the sample..i believe that was for me creating my own drums..i chopped the kick and snare from the part where there was least background noise and just hi passed the sample for hihats..

Although from there drums sounded like shit, because of the background i made 3 layers of kicks and snares and gated all of them..used the snare to make a phat-er hi hat and layered it with hihats i filtered previously..

Only thing that was from outside on my beat was bass and it masked the kicks perfectly as they sound thin..

made the drums out of samples from a toy drum kit

Peace y'all, this is my first STBB. Definitely enjoyed this week's challenge.

First I chopped up the provided George Benson sample in my sampler, sequenced it out and added some sub bass. Then I flipped a sample from the classic 80's Mel Brooks flick SPACEBALLS, the part where Princess Vespa is singing her "negro spiritual" type shit when she's locked up in prison. It was crazy cuz I didn't even have to pitch her voice at all, it fit right in with what I had programmed already, just as it was.

The drums are all the way live from start to finish - nothing sequenced or programmed. I'm playing a 60's Ludwig drum kit with a 3-mic setup running through a custom tube preamp and a DBX compressor.

It's some ole headbanger boogie shit - straight forward neck snap steez:

meh, it's almost 3 am my time and and haven't finished my beat yet. I do hope I'll be able to post it tomorrow after awaking + a few hours to finish it off. Got really captivated with recording/synthesising thing!

i did EVERYTHING in this beat (with the exception of the dialogue (which includes the "snap) and the acapella) with the sample. using "granular synthesis" you can manipulate sound into an oscillating tone, then shape it as you would a synth. sooo there's NO outside oscillators or samples used on this track. the bass, drums, hats, "keys" are all from the sample. peace!

Lacking a mic, so I made the drums on a moog...no idea how you get something like a cymbal sound out of subtractive synths. Went a bit different in the name of experimentation, and used a spectral sampler for everything else, so it's..er, more of a textural rework than a flip, but all of the sounds aside the synth drums and sub are from the sample. Thought i'd point that out, as nothing bares any resemblance to the original! :)

I hope made it in time

but nevertheless - I want u to hear this stuff. No extra Samples!!! no snthz... all derived from the sample.

Drums are crappy recorded with my laptop mic... had nothing else round here

Enz

Hi !

A quick one this week,

Beatbox+paper crush+percs sampled with my phone, a bass, the sample and Blade Runner !

Sorry for the crappy mix, only haved 2 hours to make it !

Tanx for listening

plenty of heat this week, fave for me was Olos ... closely followed by Sadyaah, Fivepee and Breakmaster Cylinder

hey wrong thread matmel