• Announcements

• ST Bot

STMB   01/22/2017

Sorry for the outage. The board went down for repairs on January 5th, and we didn't expect to be out for a full 16 days.  STMB is using a default skin, as you can see, and that will probably be the case for a few weeks.  Meanwhile, the board is working better than it ever has before.  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Templar

New Teebs - 'Estera'

23 posts in this topic

Teebs is the man...i've been looking for his artwork online for a minute and come up with nothing so far.

anyone got any leads? i kinda wanna see his style of painting, and his skill level.

James, what do you mean? His artwork is all over online. I'm talking pictures,images etc, just a Google, or are you looking to purchase?

And yah, I have been feelin Teebs for a minute. Can't wait to give this new album a listen!

^ nahh mangoes, i don't mean his like Photoshop-y stuff he does for his album covers....i've heard he actually is a legit painter as well. but i haven't found anything else on it so far.

Haven't really looked into it, but I have seen a documentary. He does the stuff in his garage, in some nice suburban Californian (LA?) home. As far as I know, the style of his album cover IS his style. I am unaware of other styles.

And, I don't think it is any photoshop. I think he cuts up images. He makes his own canvas, size shapes etc. fucks up with the images, and some plants etc.

Seems very organic.

His album covers ARE paintings

^ nahh mangoes, i don't mean his like Photoshop-y stuff he does for his album covers....i've heard he actually is a legit painter as well. but i haven't found anything else on it so far.

What name are you using to search, he prob don't use Teebs. In fact the more I think about originals being photographed and put on line and how easy it is to save images and use for soundcloud and stuff like that, I can see why there wouldn't be much online to look at, someone could claim it as their own in the speed it takes to boil a kettle for a cup of coffee, speaking of which, I need a dose of THC as well..........

Anyone peep his release with Daedelus? LA Series EP I think it's called. Super sonified, grown up sexy, kinda music, you want at a dinner party with a dozen friends.

I've been listening to the album for the past few days. I'm definitely buying it. And I really dig his art too.

artwork links james frank.

awesome! totally awesome! all right, templar!

spicoli_ready.jpg

(and don't forget the period, buddy)

1 person likes this

So I bought the album, and was super stoked to have a proper listening sesh, but honestly, got bored. And turned it off.

For the first half of the album, which I listened to, the tracks are all in the exact same style and become less and less potent as time goes on.

Kinda disappointed. Definitely some beautiful things, but he just repeats this one style over and over. Classic albums to me have diversity. This does not. 3 stars at best!

2 people like this

i planned on taking a drive later wit lil geech and bumping it smh ill still try it out tho!

I mean, I only listened to the first half, but the progression of the album goes from intriguing, to nice to meh.

I hope its just first listen woes, but who knows. I actually read a review and was pissed at the reviewer for, now that I think about it, saying the exact same thing.

Dude, has enough diversity in projects I have heard of his, why make this album so monochromatic?

yep i can only imagine a spaced out white girl high off bud cookies dancing in front of me for so long... lol but this is a good album no doubt!

I will have to give it another try. But would have loved to hear something more like Tea With Whatever and the LA Series EP he did with Daedelus. That shit is PHONKY.