• Announcements

• ST Bot

STMB   01/22/2017

Sorry for the outage. The board went down for repairs on January 5th, and we didn't expect to be out for a full 16 days.  STMB is using a default skin, as you can see, and that will probably be the case for a few weeks.  Meanwhile, the board is working better than it ever has before.  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ras dude

Trying to create new compositions

2 posts in this topic

Hey fam, I know we're all hardcore sample flippers, but recently I've been getting into composing shit myself and learning more about keyboard playing. It's really fun especially when you can start sampling your own sounds and creating your own loops, taking out the middle man that is the record.

So with that here are my most recent attempts at creating music that attempts to sound as if it was sampled yet are original compositions. Sampling and chopping loops is my favorite thing in the world next to drumming, but I feel being able to sample your own shit gives a great advantage over other producers whom may be limited to just flipping records, which is fine. Don't get me wrong, I love finding something ill to flip pon di wax, but nothing really feels quite as good as creating new sounds yourself.

DL if ya wants

1 person likes this