Modern Soul week

jj%20barnes.jpeg

use ONE OR BOTH samples

http://www18.zippysh...72832/file.html

http://www23.zippysh...35116/file.html

use sounds within this live DAW to complement those samples

http://www.audiosauna.com/studio/

Production rules:

1. Make a modern soul beat (free interpretation) No time limit (never again)

2. No drumloops. Only drumkits for the drums. Set/ do the drums yourself . No pre-existing patterns. Layering is allowed - Also u may add live recorded percussions of any sort

3. Only External Bass - allowed

4. U must use sounds of this new online DAW for adding a modern twist to u'r flip

http://www.audiosauna.com/studio/ No external instruments synths or vst instruments

5.vocal samples / skits / - allowed

>Post your beat to the STMB Page - by Wednesday at Midnight NYC time

>Vote - by Friday at Midnight NYC time

>Winner - post new sample, rules, etc - by Saturday Noon NYC time and upload the sample here:

http://www.zippyshare.com

Questions about posting, production, voting, deadlines?

Check out the Frequently Asked Questions page here:

http://www.stonesthr...showtopic=13607

Thanks For the votes peeps , Hope u like this weeks' switchup

u can use ur own system but u need to combine. U can use external bass as stated in the rules. No guitar unless u can configure it to play through this online daw.

For instance. I would make my flip first using my regular software. Then use the audiosauna to add sound and variation to it. Then i would try and sample those as well, though not necesarry.

1 person likes this

word sounds good man!!!

sweet ! I'm looking forward to this weeks flips !

1 person likes this

Big up on the win Six!!

Great initiative on this weeks battle! managed to extract some filling sounds using Audiosauna! and dope samples too...had some great parts i could use for my main synth + Vocals.

Woohoo!! Way to go Six! ,,,great creative production rules!

congrats six!

it seems as though you aren't able to use a controller with that audiosuana DAW? please someone correct me if im wrong.

Impossible for me to get anything of value played in that Daw as it only allows you to play the sounds using the qwerty keyboard or drawing in the piano notes + the synths are generic so how will you know if I've even used them vs any other basic synth?

I'm down to join in if I'm allowed to multi sample the synths and create instruments in my own sampler but if that's cheating then I'm going to the bar instead :D

Congrats on point as always

hey Drama,

That's about what i was planning to do myself. Drawing out simple things and then resample them back. I use a tracker as my DAW so it isn't comfortable for me to see things from left to right, let alone draw melodies so I understand the initial drawback, but i think you can make up for it a lot using ur sampling/chopping skills.

Don't want to scare anyone away this week, but a fresh wind is always nice i reckon

DRAMA that was a good question

thanks SIX for clearin it up.

still tryin to figure out how to sync my controller with the DAW haha

its not even a thing though. I didn't realize it was fly to resample with it. all good all good

@Heshin - yeh it's not possible. Don't forget to take the fx off in the mixer when you resample from the synths in there.

@sixfingerz - ok brother in that case I'm def in...damn you make those complex beats on a tracker? o_O I think my mind has just been blown. respect for that

Impossible for me to get anything of value played in that Daw as it only allows you to play the sounds using the qwerty keyboard or drawing in the piano notes + the synths are generic so how will you know if I've even used them vs any other basic synth?

I'm down to join in if I'm allowed to multi sample the synths and create instruments in my own sampler but if that's cheating then I'm going to the bar instead :D

Congrats on point as always

Hello everyone, i'm not the only one who have troubles with this DAW ? can't configure my Maschine/usb keyboard to play with !

Also this are generic synths has Heavy Drama just says before, so, what's the point ? if the rule is made to give the chance to everyone to play with the same instruments, so why not choose Two synths and go ! The no drumloops rule is cool as the modern soul one, but this DAW rule, i don't get it, :unsure: please someone could explain this to me, thanks a lot,

and congrats for the win Sixfingers !

Peace

u can use ur own system but u need to combine. U can use external bass as stated in the rules. No guitar unless u can configure it to play through this online daw.

For instance. I would make my flip first using my regular software. Then use the audiosauna to add sound and variation to it. Then i would try and sample those as well, though not necesarry.

..Like Six wrote... get a cool sound from audiosauna... export as wav. and then process that in your accustomed fashion... ..good luck!... :)

edit: haha... exactly what I think was supposed to happen!...get us out of our comfortzones! ;)

1 person likes this

Thanks again JoaGymshoe, it's more clear now ! And by the way tanx 4 the vote too !

Good battle everyone

ohhh just use something from the daw

i have almost made a whole song in the daw hahahaha

congratz to sixfingers!!! yeah the samples are dope. hope i can work with this programm ^_^

here it is ..something quick this week, in the first beat there is 3 different DAW sounds as u wanted! good luck yall

Yo SIX.F are you flogging audiosauna? hahaha!

laid up some organs /e - pianos n synths throughout with the mad audio thing. peace!

i feel kinda intimidated by all the amazing sounding beats this week, my shits still on some '94 ish, cant really fiddle around with this computer stuff. used the online DAW for a vibraphone tho, as suggested by the rules. music done only on the MP, lil vocal tracking done on the computer. no compression tho and no plugins. PEACE!

i gotta pass this week fellas,goodluck,i will try to check some of the entrys