• Announcements

• ST Bot

STMB   01/22/2017

Sorry for the outage. The board went down for repairs on January 5th, and we didn't expect to be out for a full 16 days.  STMB is using a default skin, as you can see, and that will probably be the case for a few weeks.  Meanwhile, the board is working better than it ever has before.  
Dirty Cyclist

J Zone, anyone listening to him?

51 posts in this topic

He cracks me up: You dumb broad, are you inept? I told you I don't text

2 people like this

peter pan syndrome is his worst album imo the only beat i liked on it was black weirdo but hes definitely one of my favorite producers on the strength of all his other shit. his drums are always on point and he samples cool off kilter stuff not just the same old soul/jazz/prog (yeah most prog that gets sampled isnt even the interesting shit, stfu).

1 person likes this

well, my memory is not so good anymore--I am uncertain where I get my tips on new shit lately--I suppose one of you posted his stuff a while back??

I ate up alot of it. I had probably listened to him in the past (memory crazy hazy).

He keeps it real and doesn't alter his style.

He is the anti-Kanye. He seems to be thoughtful in how he approaches projects. I took a quick liking to him. I hate the top-producer list thing--but I could easily detect his dopeness. He has a good brain, to boot.

2 people like this

I heard of him in the crate digging thread. Waiting on a CD (his choice), his book and "To Love a Hooker" soundtrack on vinyl...

man everything this dude puts out is solid! his book is dope also!!!!!!! super funny id love to hear him, edan and lord quas on something together

I read a bit of his book. Rather entertaining guy. I get too obsessive compulsive over new shit--I can never put new shit down.

1 person likes this

This guy looks like a bit of a goofball, like he's probably never shot anyone or sold a key of coke (cocaine) in his life. How can I take him serious as a rapper?

Just kidding. He's dope. Someone lent me his book and I pretty much read it cover to cover in a day. I hadn't heard much of his music then but everything I have heard is on point.

1 person likes this

Love J-zone. When I first got into good hip hop after high school he was someone I listened to. Pimps don't pay taxes and sick of being rich were great albums. Plus his production for cage among others was good. I got his new one on cassette and came with the instros.

1 person likes this

J-Zone is awesome!! Any of y'all heard his 'Experienced!' CD? All Hendrix samples, fucking dope.

1 person likes this

J-Zone is awesome!! Any of y'all heard his 'Experienced!' CD? All Hendrix samples, fucking dope.

need to find this!

Thanks gEECh. This J-Zone, though...he does it lovely.

After reading this last night I put my first order in on discogs.

Excellent. Hope you enjoy it. I'm gonna go dig mine out as well.

J Zone is so underated it's unbelievable, his new album is even better when you see how it's done.

1 person likes this

He is like that voice in your head when you are just fucked down and putting your shit together thinking--yo, nobody is gonna like this and my dudes dog is gonna piss on my shoes when I see him for making this shit.

That video is ill Dr. Phil. Definitely the same philosophy I aim for. One of my buddies is obbsessed with working on one beat for weeks sometimes months on end to get it 'perfect' and that shit is NOT fun.

J Zone is so underated it's unbelievable, his new album is even better when you see how it's done.

funny i watched this last week he made me more comfortable releasing my whack shit, is what it is!

2 people like this

That video is ill Dr. Phil. Definitely the same philosophy I aim for. One of my buddies is obbsessed with working on one beat for weeks sometimes months on end to get it 'perfect' and that shit is NOT fun.

Yeah man it's def a good vid to watch when the well starts drying up, love his "oh well I'll try something else" attitude, doesn't do I can't, gotta love him.

He also did this Boss Hog album with Celph Titled, well funny album

'music for tu madre' was the one

Yup.... Pretty oh so pretty, Catch 22..... Killer... New thing, just not feeling it....

I am so glad I decided not to go to work today and instead check out the message board which I haven't done in ages to find out that one of my favourite musicians has decided to record a new album. I am a huge J-Zone fan. To me he's unique in hip hop, I got to know him from a few mixtapes and already liked his stuff. But seeing him perform was just so funny that I started to check out more of his stuff, eventually I ended up with owning all of his records, which are unfortunately not that many. He's really entertaining, his albums really made look weird more than once when riding the bus and I started to laugh.

2 people like this

how is it?

I wouldn't know. I still haven't got it. I messaged him and he said he sent it a while back and blamed the usps. Not too happy.