• Announcements

• ST Bot

STMB   01/22/2017

Sorry for the outage. The board went down for repairs on January 5th, and we didn't expect to be out for a full 16 days.  STMB is using a default skin, as you can see, and that will probably be the case for a few weeks.  Meanwhile, the board is working better than it ever has before.  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BigErnMcCracken

STMB Beat Battle #7

88 posts in this topic

RULES

1. Flip what is given to you.

No acapellas, No samples from other songs. Chop up and add kicks and snares as much as you want but USE THE SAMPLE.

2. No songs in pass the deadline.

3. DO NOT submit your entry until the day of the deadline.

Which is at 12AM EST. Friday, March 30th but not before. Deadlines will always end at 11:59 PM. EST the night of....

4. Winner picks the original song for the next round.

Or He/She can pass the pick to someone else.

5. Submit you're songs on your MySpace page....

This is a new rule by popular demand so now we are submitting our song using MySpace pages.

Big up to Conzo (Noobs are taking over :) )...It's your pick brother.

just to slarify...

are we aloud to add drums from other sources?

yes...you can add drum samples, just

no vocal samples or other outside samples.

um is it cool if i program a bassline and add some synth cause a beat sounds kinda flat with just melody and drums. ;)

yah im defn feelin it. i aslready got my idea hoooray!

now only if i get time. i should tho a week is plenty.

um is it cool if i program a bassline and add some synth cause a beat sounds kinda flat with just melody and drums. :(

nope...

but you could chop the harmonica and pitch it down and make a bassline ;)

nope...

but you could chop the harmonica and pitch it down and make a bassline ;)

precisely. there are a few sounds within the track that can be tuned down to a useable bass sound.

meh im not in then, im still making a beat with it tho ;)

really? then wtf you ppl are trying to sabatoge the beat battle with your lies :o . im gonna enter my beat after all. :unsure: i already made it last night when i should have been finishing homework. :D

whats wrong with using synths. they've been used in the other battles as well.

yea in beat battle 1 and 2 if i'm not mistaken....then we decided against it because if that's the case....i can go pull a sample from another song also.

c'mon!! this is b.s im trying to take part in this but i cant cause i added a tiny bit of synth to my beat. :unsure::angry::angry:

you guys are taking this msg board battle way to serious just let me submit my beat no ones gonna vote for me anyway :D i say we should have creative freedom

let him submit his beat, how bouts you can use synths as long as the sample is the main part of the beat.

c'mon!! this is b.s im trying to take part in this but i cant cause i added a tiny bit of synth to my beat. :unsure::angry::angry:

you guys are taking this msg board battle way to serious just let me submit my beat no ones gonna vote for me anyway :D i say we should have creative freedom

chill man...

it's not that we take it serious....there just has to be some uniformity.

i mean we have rules and no one else has a problem with them...and if they do, they just don't participate.

every battle, someone has a complaint about a rule and everyone wants an exception for something.

if we keep giving exceptions then we might as well not do it. if you can't make a beat without adding synth or etc....just don't enter a beat...i don't understand the big deal?

that's cool though man submit your beat......

so i suppose now everyone will be adding an extra bassline and synth to the song?

i never thought you were being a jerk homie sry bout the fuss i just already made my beat like that n i didnt want to change it cause i was set on it.

dudes --- i'm back in!!! i've made my beat already.. it's a relatively frantic piano number. i may have shaken off my beat making funk i got stuck in, and it's all thanks to someone not choosing some piss weak jazz funk cheese as a start point. good work!

we should stick to the rules!!!

like bigern said before, if you feel you can't make a good beat out of what was given to you, then just wait for the next round.

i think it's great, it pushes your creativity diferently as you can't use any synthies or other things that don't come from the orig. samplesource. so you got to find a way to make it sound how you like it.

i wish there would be more acappellas for the battle though.

i liked the battle with the common acappella.

2 late he already said i could submit my beat :P

i wish there would be more acappellas for the battle though.

me too but people don't know how to timestretch and and beat/vocal match.

i'm sure someone would be like "um...could you post the bpms of the acapella with

it?"

NO MUTHAFUCKA I CAN'T! :P

i say stick to the rules and make a beat out of what is given. You can use certain parts of the tune to make that synth bass kind of sound if you know how to do it. If u want to be a rebel tho, feel free.

finished mine no synths

well arent you special :mellow:

well arent you special :mellow:

yes, my mom used to always tell me that when the other kids used to laugh at me. aren't you jealous?