• Announcements

• ST Bot

STMB   01/22/2017

Sorry for the outage. The board went down for repairs on January 5th, and we didn't expect to be out for a full 16 days.  STMB is using a default skin, as you can see, and that will probably be the case for a few weeks.  Meanwhile, the board is working better than it ever has before.  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
rsen

Madlib on BBC 1 Benji B Show

81 posts in this topic

yeah, that was my first question, would there be a mix of this, cause i wanna hears dis.

I couldn't believe what he said in the interview, already.

Can he do any wrong?

A bottle a piece of Hennessy with Doom and Kanye listening to each others beats ... BOUNCE!

1 person likes this

^still trying to process it. The exact opposite of that bs JJ stuff. So ill....

And Crystal Joker and DELCO said it all above. ????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

anybody else just catch that new DOOM verse?

I was wondering if that was new. I think MED was on that joint too. So sick.

This is bordering on trance----with weird slapped together samples....still fresh.

whos gonna sneak this shit to geech... i deserve it man

4 people like this

giphy.gif

nom nom nommmm nomm nomm, gimme that Madlib set.

3 people like this

holy shit, what an amazing 2 hours. interview/retrospective was great (though not very in depth)... Apparently Rock Konducta is just the beginning, Soul Konducta and Industrial Konducta are due within the next century. DJ set was even better. A new Mos Def/Madlib track, 2 Madvillain tracks, one dope but never-before-heard, the other easily the best quality, longest version of Avalanche I've heard (2:45, might be the whole damn thing) which is fucking amazing, Gazillion Ear-quality... Not to mention a lot of cuts off of Rock Konducta, though as usual it can be hard to tell what's what with the instrumentals (mostly very dope).

Look, not to give a mixed signal, rap game got more toys than kris kringle. That mastered avalanche track was dope and the new one is great too

And anybody familiar with that unreleased Jaylib that Benji B played during the first hour? Trying to remember if I've heard that somewhere before.

Yeah.

what's the diff between the two? i noticed yours is an hour more than the one i have.

dont know what one you have but the one i put up has the music played before the mix, interview between madlib and benji b and the mix.

dont know what one you have but the one i put up has the music played before the mix, interview between madlib and benji b and the mix.

cool, i'll DL it and compare the two just in case-- cause i want that interview.

the full thing is 2 hours long, 1 hour of Benji B interviewing and spinning madlib joints (including a couple unreleased Jaylib tracks), then 1 hour of madlib's dj set. I think they put out a chopped-down half-hour version of the interview portion which cuts out some of the songs and stuff.

Interview is definitely worth listening to.

1 person likes this

very dope interview and mix..madlb and kanye playing beats back and forth sounds like something epic