• Announcements

• ST Bot

STMB   01/22/2017

Sorry for the outage. The board went down for repairs on January 5th, and we didn't expect to be out for a full 16 days.  STMB is using a default skin, as you can see, and that will probably be the case for a few weeks.  Meanwhile, the board is working better than it ever has before.  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
MWBOOGIE

Sampling

11 posts in this topic

Putting something out with a sampled applause. Worth clearing?

thanks. I do not think many will recognize it. Its recorded on Columbia; but I do not think they'd care.

would people instantly recognize it? if not, then don't bother...none of us here clear any of our samples.

except maybe bigshots like Pete Marriott lol, but he's doing this shit at a pro level so it's a whole diff ballgame for him.

Lol James Frank. Nah, its not like a track that Dilla may have used once upon a time. Thanks for filling me in. Pete Marriot's got it like that huh?

Haha. Watch me push units and get in trouble...with my luck.

I don't think major labels care until you start pushing over 10,000 units, because it isn't worth their time and money chasing someone who isn't make the profit they are chasing to begin with.

Thanks for replying. You sure 10K is a worthy number, even? That even sounds pretty low. I've been kicking around numbers in my head.

I am not certain. 10,000 is what someone who worked at a different label told me. And Someone else online says it's 200,000.

Seems more in the ballpark.

the legal issues you can expect are equivalent to the amount of money you are making from the music sampled.

meaning nobody is going to give a shit unless the cash coming in from that sample exceeds the cost of suing you over it....

which means don't worry about it ;]