• Announcements

• ST Bot

STMB   01/22/2017

Sorry for the outage. The board went down for repairs on January 5th, and we didn't expect to be out for a full 16 days.  STMB is using a default skin, as you can see, and that will probably be the case for a few weeks.  Meanwhile, the board is working better than it ever has before.  
James Frank.

Tape Store Day

14 posts in this topic

goddammit...

i just got on the internet from a long day's work, to find out that: a ) ST released the MV demo tapes in the store today, and b ) i didn't get one :( . anyone wanna bootleg it for me? haha...but really, that must have been the quickest mood swing i've ever had going from extreme happiness to extreme sorrow.

Dude, I'm right there with you! I receive email notifications on my phone from the topics I partake in and and an hour or two ago I read someones reply to the "DOOM" topic where they mentioned a Madvillain tape. I just checked the online store to find out that cassette sold out - - I definitely would have ordered a copy or two. I wonder how many copies of this demo ST had to begin with...

Anyways, I'm loving the cassette renaissance - though the only cassette I currently own is a sealed copy of Dilla's Ruff Draft.

yeah, i started buying some earlier this year for one of my personal projects where the idea was/is gonna be strictly tape-based samples...but aside from digging for random shit, i got the Jonwayne Cassette trilogy and that's about it.

Lucked out and got one for me and a friend. WIsh ST would do more exclusive cassette stuff.

I have the JP cassette, all Jonwayne, and now MV demo. Need that Ruff Draft one :(

Got mine with the box set ages ago. I woulda been pissed if this were a madvillainy 2 demo and I missed it.

How much were these being sold for?

Got mine with the box set ages ago. I woulda been pissed if this were a madvillainy 2 demo and I missed it.

How much were these being sold for?

dr-evil.jpg

I'm thinking someone went and bought most of the tapes to flip on the web. Bummer...

P.S. If anyone is interested I am selling my latest album on cassettes at a discounted rate for Cassette Store Day. $3 USD... 14 left http://rasdude.bandcamp.com

"To celebrate the first ever "Cassette Store Day" on Saturday, September 7th, we'll be with the Leaving Records crew at Poo-Bah in Pasadena, and here online we're launching a 24-hour sale of these MF DOOM & Madlib's Madvillainy Demo Tape that was made for the limited-edition Madvillain Box Set made back in 2008. Our stash of just a few extra cassette has been stored in our warehouse ever since."

Since 2008, really? I wonder what else ST is storing in their warehouse...

Since 2008, really? I wonder what else ST is storing in their warehouse...

master tapes for Madvillain 3-5; Jimmy Hoffa's corpse; DB Cooper's living quarters; some gary wilson CDs.
2 people like this

master tapes for Madvillain 3-5; Jimmy Hoffa's corpse; DB Cooper's living quarters; some gary wilson CDs.

lol, well played

don't forget the Ark of the Covenant and Amelia Earheart's plane.

and some leftover misprint mv tapes with the intro missing like 30 seconds at the start..? ;)