Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
BroKing

cassete hip hop

19 posts in this topic

yo soon im going to make a mixtape i wanna put it on cassete. but how do you put mp3 on a cassete i need al the info ! im going to ship some free mixtapes to my stmb niggas but first i need to look how much its to ship outside europe lol

you could just get a ipod cassete player mod and plug it into a two track cassete player and record

send me when your done. Good luck :)

^^^ yes first i need to look how much is to ship to ausi

im think im going to buy this one for 75 bucks

$(KGrHqNHJB8FGtD1Sd1OBRu4nw0)fw~~60_84.JPG

i bought something similar to that for $10 from my local thrift shop; works like a charm. i'd have to go look up the brand/model though to be more specific...

I'd get a Tascam 4-Trak over a dedicated seperate, must cost pocket change by now.. Just be sure to only use tracks 1&2

That one in THE pic is wat They still make. Retail is around 630. Look at THE llink i post all THE tascam recorders are still expensive as fuk http://www.bax-shop....ct-details.html

They will be Holmes, we get to the glorious digital age to realize oh shit !! I want tape back, hence all these dam analog emulators and tape saturation gizmo's. I wouldn't use MP3's to put on to tape your lose a lot of sound, try WAV's

hey im from europe so shipping and tax its stil going to be expensive

ebay also exists in europe....

do it up, man! better than nothing.

Dont get the multitrack for stereo master cassettes. Get a dedicated tape recorder... and would anyone like to explain for me why I say this?

I can't speak for you naturally, no agg intended. When I used to bounce down to tape, I'd prefer to have eq at the end of the chain. Yes to create a master it's not an ideal tool by any stretch, ideally (actually I'd go through a valve unti) I'd just use a tape mutitrak in the mixdown chain to add warmth. I'm assuming that tape is being utilised for it's inherent qualities ie. warmth, fuziness etc etc. If that is the case I'd opt for the multitrak as end of chain. If tape is just being utilised for a cheap method of mass distribution/retro chic then pick up the cheapest seperate you can find in your local pawn shop... Don't spend over $24/£15ish of local subjugation units... Or hit up yr local fiend for something even cheaper....

Dont get the multitrack for stereo master cassettes. Get a dedicated tape recorder... and would anyone like to explain for me why I say this?

I'm not an expert in tape technology, but I'd assume you're saying this simply because 4-track decks like the Tascam Porta are cheap decks by definition. They're meant to be cheap studios rather than quality stereo tape decks.

For a regular stereo cassette i'd go for any vintage Pioneer, Akai, or anything with an accurate pause button.