• Announcements

• ST Bot

STMB   01/22/2017

Sorry for the outage. The board went down for repairs on January 5th, and we didn't expect to be out for a full 16 days.  STMB is using a default skin, as you can see, and that will probably be the case for a few weeks.  Meanwhile, the board is working better than it ever has before.  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ODK

STBB 337

47 posts in this topic

BEAT BATTLE

Get the sample here:

RULES

• Flip the samples
  • 3 minute time limit
  • outside drums and bass allowed
  • keys/synths/other instruments allowed
  • Acapellas are allowed
  • vocal samples/skits are allowed
  • cuts/scratches are permitted
  • Make a field recording, i.e. go out into the world and capture something (nature sounds, traffic sounds, conversations, street musicians, whatever) and incorporate that into your beat, featuring it prominently in an intro, interlude, or outro--also okay to chop that and use it in the beat.

Upload your beat to the

STMB Page

I live in a fly in, isolated community in the Canadian Arctic that has about 450 people living here right now so the extra rule will a bit difficult, but I will see what I can do.

Big thanks to ODK for setting this up.

The special rule is just a suggestion, don't do it if it's too difficult or doesn't inspire you.

Also, acapellas ARE allowed!

Haha also P5 your life sounds amazing, definitely making the hottest beats in the arctic right now

The special rule is just a suggestion, don't do it if it's too difficult or doesn't inspire you.

i guess i'll follow this rule lol.

i don't think it is hard to flip, just not feeling the sample

congratz to the winner and have fun yall

I actually do field recording, so that rule is nice. Not feeling the sample, though, so I'll wait for the next battle.

I actually do field recording, so that rule is nice. Not feeling the sample, though, so I'll wait for the next battle.

Shame man sticking with battles like this tests you man, I actually prefer sampling stuff I don't like, to try and make something I do like. I ain't getting beaten by a sample ;)

Gefeliciteerd:d

ahhahahaha like the rules! hahahahhaha

S

Shame man sticking with battles like this tests you man, I actually prefer sampling stuff I don't like, to try and make something I do like. I ain't getting beaten by a sample ;)

absolutely!

Thanks for keeping this thing afloat, again Obe...

Love the added suggestion "rule" !

Word, after I started chopping up the sample I got something going. Now I just need to go outside with my digital recorder.

Word, after I started chopping up the sample I got something going. Now I just need to go outside with my digital recorder.

Good man, that's what I like to hear B)

nice choice this week. i'm feelin the sample. gonna work on my flip this week and post it up there. last week was my first submission so i'm looking forward to being a part of this going forward. peace and good luck to everybody with their flips.

my bad, shoutout to Purple Pen for the victory and the sample.

Ha ha no worries, is was a deserved win on the Pen's behalf.

jumped outta my semi-retirement from these battles to hop on this round, i can never say no to a good remix battle where acapellas are allowed ;)

this is a remix of the track "guns up" by the avant-hop group clipping. enjoy!