• Announcements

• ST Bot

STMB   01/22/2017

Sorry for the outage. The board went down for repairs on January 5th, and we didn't expect to be out for a full 16 days.  STMB is using a default skin, as you can see, and that will probably be the case for a few weeks.  Meanwhile, the board is working better than it ever has before.  
James Frank.

Hip-Hop Academia

3 posts in this topic

Hey guys,

Not too sure if anyone on theses boards is big on scholarly-published essays, but in my research for my art class I came across this interesting article that suggests Hip-Hop and the art movement Cubism have more in common than we may typically think...it's a very interesting read, if not for the content itself then just for the fact that there's actually a professionally written, academic essay about hip-hop. i figured someone on these threads would enjoy the read (although it is kind of a long one, ~20 pages), here it is if you want to check it out:

http://web.ebscohost.com/ehost/detail?sid=52b797c0-6cac-4e92-999c-ce4eac9a6846%40sessionmgr112&vid=1&hid=128&bdata=JnNpdGU9ZWhvc3QtbGl2ZQ%3d%3d#db=aph&AN=50892031

(NOTE: let me know if this link works or not, because i'm experimenting by hyperlinking to my local library's database and it may not work for those who, ya know, don't have a library card and shit at this particular library. if it doesn't work, i have the .pdf file itself that i may be able to attach to this posting, but who knows if it'll be needed or not)

50892031.pdf

thank you...this looks very interesting. will come back once i get through the whole article...

Can you give a synapsis for my lazy buttocks?

On a related note, anyone remeber when KRS One was pushing for the Hip Hop University? Yahhh.