• Announcements

• ST Bot

STMB   01/22/2017

Sorry for the outage. The board went down for repairs on January 5th, and we didn't expect to be out for a full 16 days.  STMB is using a default skin, as you can see, and that will probably be the case for a few weeks.  Meanwhile, the board is working better than it ever has before.  
el-R

STBB 333

63 posts in this topic

STONES THROW BEAT BATTLE 333

AvKuM6i.gif

Flip one or both of the samples to make a beat

Upload your beat to the

STMB Page

Production rules:

• 3 minute time limit
  • outside drums and bass are allowed
  • keys/synths/other instruments are allowed (additional. Use the Sample(s) as basis)
  • acapellas are allowed
  • vocal samples/skits are allowed
  • cuts/scratches are permitted

Questions about posting, production, voting, deadlines? Check out the Frequently Asked Questions page.

Follow the STMB Beat Battles on Twitter

UPDATE-new battle schedule:

Post - by Wednesday at Midnight NYC time

Vote - by Friday at Midnight NYC time (Vote after you heard ALL the beats!)

Winner - post new sample, rules, etc - by Saturday Noon NYC time

BEST OF LUCK THIS WEEK, LET'S MAKE SOME GROOVES..

Thanks to all those who voted, I appreciate it. I didn't get crazy with the rules this week (lazy), but hey, it just gives us all a chance to be more creative with our tracks with less restrictions, right?

Hope the samples are cool, and I really hope they haven't been used before in any previous battle *fingers crossed*. Have fun with it this week.

Peace

- el

awesome samples dude, looking forward to hearing everyone's mix!

lol im listening to these samples and watchin kazam get down to em^ great way to start the day. congratz on the win el...my neck is still hurtin :[

Congratz on the win El-R! That kokoro sample, i think it might have been used in one the beat battles in the last year or so.. rings a bell, not sure. Whatever, let's see what we can do with this.

Congrats on the win el-R! Love the second sample!

My kind of samples! Thanks and congrats El-R!

Congrats El-R! Dope samples... don't think either has been used in the last two years.

Goodluck everyone!

Thanks to the people who listend my last week entry and voted!!!

Motivation!!!

This weeks entry:

STBB333

Oh my, that second sample is especially gorgeous. This should be a very interesting week.

Congrats on that Win El-R !

Thanks for the dope samples and rules. I especially liked the second sample.

A small word of explanation regarding the last battle..

I made a track with all the rules obeyed (yet the second samples was hard to tune into the second sample) then added live vocals from a singer. Then posted it for an hour but we weren't completely satisfied with how it turned out so i deleted it.

You win some you lose some.

Was in a kind of a downed state hence the quietness in regards to voting. My sincerest apologies.

I hope to make up for it with this weeks entry,

http://soundcloud.co...e-mo-e-stbb-333

Peace

word, i feel you six.

these battles are that ego check.

you can have the dopest fuckin track in the world, (in your mind) , but EVERYONE here is also a great producer so you just have to do you and hope the stars are aligned. i like to imagine these battles as a simile to streetfighter the arcade game. these are some world warriors that on any given day could win. no one person is better, no one style of music is better. its all music

1 person likes this

^ you just touched my soul with a street fighter analogy

word, i feel you six.

these battles are that ego check.

you can have the dopest fuckin track in the world, (in your mind) , but EVERYONE here is also a great producer so you just have to do you and hope the stars are aligned. i like to imagine these battles as a simile to streetfighter the arcade game. these are some world warriors that on any given day could win. no one person is better, no one style of music is better. its all music

youre damn right..!!

I made a video about me making a beat for this battle, uploading it in a hour, hope you guys like it.

Congratsss el-R. Sick beat.

Here's mine:

Been a while since I've put something up. Still on holidays in France for the last month. First track completed fully on Maschine including mixing since I am limited to my laptop only. Pretty happy with the result.

great great great samples,im glad its startin to be like the old days ,already heard a handfull flips,and every single one of em was a classic,here is mineshttp://soundcloud.com/degoodfella/stonesthrowbb333youknownellast

goddamn! I heard a ton of awesome flips so far. what a week!

really hope I'll be able to finish ma beat in time...