• Announcements

• ST Bot

STMB   01/22/2017

Sorry for the outage. The board went down for repairs on January 5th, and we didn't expect to be out for a full 16 days.  STMB is using a default skin, as you can see, and that will probably be the case for a few weeks.  Meanwhile, the board is working better than it ever has before.  
flowmontana71

Madlib and Freddie Gibbs

727 posts in this topic

i wanna know what kinda candy that was.

Check out Freddie Gibbs IG he put a video up of the dude getting it

1 person likes this

Another Cocaine Zebra dropped in Chi Town today.

According to Rappcats my city of Denver is next; I'll update you guys after I smash that Zebra open.

4 people like this

that one in denver better be full of green bud

2 people like this

According to Rappcats my city of Denver is next; I'll update you guys after I smash that Zebra open.

Rootin for you Sunny

Are they updating on these anywhere besides rappcats.com?

1898181_10201613369957197_1117984200_n.jpg

Propane Piñata?

8 people like this

1898181_10201613369957197_1117984200_n.jpg

Propane Piñata?

Now do MadGribble on the back.

2 people like this

Heading out to the show tonight. Should be fun.

1 person likes this

This zebra challenge makes me think of those challenges in the tony hawk pro skater games...

2 people like this

A lot of Dilla/slum village being played by underscore acts. Not bad. Waiting upon Mr. Jackson Jr!

No sweat. These opening acts are pure ass.

No sweat. These opening acts are pure ass.

who are the openers?

Se loser kids. Madlib killing it Gibbs bars so worthy.

any unreleased shit? i'm really excited for tomorrow night's show...

I did not notice some. I think he played a little minutely 1/3 of the way through Freddie Gibbs set. I did not study the album enough to know the beats.

I really think that he keeps it exclusive and proper. Good show. Like anything else--you want to hear a Madlib DJ set for forty. Have fun.

I really cannot figure out how to post vids. My phone only took seven sec. snippets I will try to post the noteworthy cuts, so you can get an idea of the beats that he chose to play. It will take me time to figure this out as the directions are not that clear.

Here you can see a drunk guy in a red ass sweater that they literally pulled off of the street to dance on stage. He was hella wasted and doing some kinda o.g. tai chi and shit:

Some improv on the M.G. instrumental:

I think this is what you were searching for J.F.:

testing the massive speakers with Slum:

2 people like this

Thanks for sharing MW, you need a new phone though haha

Edit:

Noticed this pic of the CD release

nshxgcT.png

Noticed this pic of the CD release

nshxgcT.png

south_park_denver_broncos-650x473.png

1 person likes this

bd1f50dca67911e3a6ad123473c870c6_8.jpg

"Madlib's set for tonight, CDs given to him by JDilla, with Dilla's handwriting on them."

Yesterday, Egon.

Good luck for the Zebra hunt, Sunny!

still nothing up on Rappcats, they must really be pushing it with time constraints...

'Patience Young Grasshopper'

so yeah, Boogie was right about that opening act lmao. i mean, i really had to dig deep for my inner ignorant self to get vibin' with any of their tracks i heard.

and now we wait for Otis to emerge from his weed coma...

so yeah, Boogie was right about that opening act lmao. i mean, i really had to dig deep for my inner ignorant self to get vibin' with any of their tracks i heard.

and now we wait for Otis to emerge from his weed coma...

They played 'the whole album' last night minus a few cuts! Holy shit. Cocaine Piñata is going to be absolutely incredible. Gibbs mentioned that the title of the record IS Cocaine Piñata but because they're trying to sell it in stores like 'Wal-Mart' they had to just put Piñata on there; very understandable. Freddie Corleone did his thing, every track he performed he had Otis cut the beat, usually on the second verse, to showcase his skills as an an MC. Like I have always said, subject matter aside, when it comes to technicalities he is one of the most talented cats in the game right now. I noticed that about 85-90% of the audience was there only because of FG, lots of young fans (as in under 21); this collaboration is going to expose The Madlib to a whole new audience and generation of rap listeners!

The Madlib's set was quite good. There is a reason I will let the TSA fondle my nutsack, board a plane and fly thousands of miles to see Otis perform... Unreleased Beats! I'm not talking about stuff that he's planning on putting out anytime soon, he even said 'You'll never hear this again!' He played an Obey track and a Prifessionals track that really were the highlights of my evening. His DJ set was only about 30 mins with Gibbs then performing for about 50, but it was totally worth the 20 bucks.

After the show I was able to run into Egon and asked him what happened to the Denver Piñata. He said, 'They fucked up and hung it in some random park without telling anyone, three days ago!' We chopped it up for a second and then I headed home. If I wasn't completely and utterly broke I definitely would have copped one of those tour shirts, make sure to bring an extra $25 when they come through your city so you don't miss out.

4 people like this

^ yeah, so that last post was from my phone-- but it was like at 1% the rest of the night so i just had to shut it off. i was a little angry towards the beginning because i had to sit through 2 opening acts i didn't give a shit about...

but yeah, once Otis finally came onto the stage around 11:45pm or something, it was incredible. i heard several of those unreleased joints; there was this one that had like an '80s funk sample, sounded like Zapp or some shit lol. and then that OBEY track Sunny's referring to is the same track he played on the Giles Peterson set a few months ago--but he started out by playing almost the entire Mos acapella (what i wouldn't give to have that)...

2 people like this