Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
ODK

Battle 330!!

37 posts in this topic

BEAT BATTLE

• Use ALL samples provided
  • NO outside anything (apart from cut's, scratches, I mean instruments)
  • Vocal samples/skits are allowed
  • Cuts/scratches are allowed
  • Special Obejectives:
  • Song arrangment, Intro, verse, bridge, hook, Outro, really work on a formula, that is not the predictable 4 bar change!!
  • No repeating loops, chop chop chop

Upload your beat to the STMB Page

Battle Schedule :

Post - by Wednesday at Midnight NYC time

Vote - by Friday at Midnight NYC time

Good Luck!

damn yo puttin it to us, lets get it

forgot to say well done Mr Bada Boom, that was a sick beat!!!!! please Obi help me out! was that meant to be like princess laya recording that message on R2, had me in stiches!! :lol:

Choice samples Mr. Kenobi. Thanks for the free drum kit 2.ha

Congrats to BEN BADA BOOM!

thanks for the samples Obi! I just woke up :)

yeah those rules got me excited

Good look on the samples ODK and big up to Ben for a job well done. I might sit this week out double XP week COD 2 plus am trying to put out these two beat tapes on time both due out July 15 so I don't want to get burned out but I will comment and vote trust and believe. Peace my fellow beat junkies.

damn guys, Im living straight up bombshelter right now with access to net limited as a muutha. Im only checkin out erry1's flip later bells. Yo Good Lookin Obi. You more than made up for the late battle start!!! WORD!

forgot to say well done Mr Bada Boom, that was a sick beat!!!!! please Obi help me out! was that meant to be like princess laya recording that message on R2, had me in stiches!! :lol:

Haha u funny bro, thanks again for help me out!

i have to cancel these week,i want to drop my firt fliptape:Renaiss Chansons, friday on my 19th birthday(thats why i been off duty on the battles),this weeks sample seemes like a lotta work that dont fit in my schedule,i promise i will check the submissions tho

Make a song out of 4 drum samples and nothing else :blink:

What you can't find anything in the 20 min Can song at all ? :lol:

Congrats on the win and the effort you always put into proving the samples. Much appreciated!

No Bass allowed? :( So back to LP Filtering I guess…

ODK, are sound FX (EQ, compressor, etc ) allowed?

ODK, are sound FX (EQ, compressor, etc ) allowed?

Yeah, FX are generally allowed. Just looks like no outside instruments. Only skits and/or scratches.

Congrats Ben Bada Boom on the win and thanks to ODK on the samples.

Challenge accepted. -_- see u guys on the flipside. If u make it, that is.

Just whipped this up, been a long while since my last chop here. What my Stones Throw peeps!

1 person likes this

Guy's shove bass in if you want. Heavy D is right, can't believe I post a 20 min tune and there is one tiny bit, with no drums. These are only guidelines, there are no rules, thats why I say OBJECTIVES, you can do what ever you want really, but I really wanted to try and push peoples techniques, by stripping stuff back, limit you on the battlefield so to speak, right better feed the kid, and get her to school, then playtime!!

Heres my jawnt. Only used the samples. Its bass in there just filter that ish.haha

1 person likes this

Guy's shove bass in if you want. Heavy D is right, can't believe I post a 20 min tune and there is one tiny bit, with no drums. These are only guidelines, there are no rules, thats why I say OBJECTIVES, you can do what ever you want really, but I really wanted to try and push peoples techniques, by stripping stuff back, limit you on the battlefield so to speak, right better feed the kid, and get her to school, then playtime!!

for real bro? now you change up the "rules" ?

well i guess im glad i went in on these drum filled samples they way you wanted.. but what now for everyone else haha

these dudes is gonna do whateverthehell they want :P

Sorry for the slight thread hijack but I don't want to break up the order on the board. Your boy el-R got his beat from last week featured on Kronika's page. She runs with Soulection so this is a good look for him.

Support that man especially if you liked his beat yoooooooooo.

1 person likes this

for real bro? now you change up the "rules" ?

well i guess im glad i went in on these drum filled samples they way you wanted.. but what now for everyone else haha

these dudes is gonna do whateverthehell they want :P

I know but when you look at what happened Saturday night, I had to shove a battle together, at work doing a night shift, trying to monitor a kid every 10 mins that has seizures, the fact I even had my laptop and hardrive handy was a bonus, couldn't really check what I posted and run through it. I won't add anything, just trying to leave it open a little for people that feel they really need it, otherwise they won't enter, been doing this for a year this week missed one battle and all I can say is don't take it too seriously. Stonesthrow think we all make shit beats anyway, the Bot himself dropped in once to say it ha ha!!

anyway here's mine with no added color's