• Announcements

• ST Bot

STMB   01/22/2017

Sorry for the outage. The board went down for repairs on January 5th, and we didn't expect to be out for a full 16 days.  STMB is using a default skin, as you can see, and that will probably be the case for a few weeks.  Meanwhile, the board is working better than it ever has before.  
OfficeTime8889

The Weeknd

15 posts in this topic

A couple months back, my cousin - who is going through a divorce - suggested I listen to the Weeknd's "Wicked Games." The song emulated a wounded soul like few that I've ever heard. Anyways, The Weeknd has a great voice and an awesome production team. His music has provided great inspiration musically and in my personal life so I share his name and one of his most acclaimed efforts with you in hopes that it could also be of service to you. Enjoy

(Sorry - I still don't know how to embed videos on here)

I hate his voice. I think his promo approach is dope and his beats are cool, but I can not stand his voice. Like a squelching mule pig.

Annoying at worst. He is just like so many other crooners out there, Beyonce, Usher... They have OK voices (

well, not Usher), but then they start to really try and push it, thinking it sounds super sexy or powerful, like the "LORD JESUSIN" all over the place. Hate it.

Envious of what?

He seems cool to me, just overrated. "Put down the mic son, out don the mic."

fame x success. The other guy is living and working in obscurity (which there is nothing wrong with) talking about how someone's manager manager knows that he exists...yippy

1 person likes this

Is the music business dirty, yes, but I don't respect the vibe that I got from this guys article/ interview...he seems envious

Not envious at all. Pissed that his songs blew the fuck up and the asshole singing on them couldn't even type his name on a production credit. Crediting it to 'the music business is dirty', instead of 'The Weeknd is a dirty business person', is why the music business is still dirty in 2013. There's nothing wrong with putting the responsibility/blame on someone's shoulders when they won't take it upon themselves.

Not envious at all. Pissed that his songs blew the fuck up and the asshole singing on them couldn't even type his name on a production credit. Crediting it to 'the music business is dirty', instead of 'The Weeknd is a dirty business person', is why the music business is still dirty in 2013. There's nothing wrong with putting the responsibility/blame on someone's shoulders when they won't take it upon themselves.

this

The Weeknd sounds like a dude you could rob with no gun.

This is from one of his producers, Illangelo. Questionable name, but likes the beats.

Love this track. I would have bought the project this was on if released in a medium other than digital. I can't muster up enough nerve to pay for music that's not within a tangible storage medium. Definitely resisting assimilation, lol