• Announcements

• ST Bot

STMB   01/22/2017

Sorry for the outage. The board went down for repairs on January 5th, and we didn't expect to be out for a full 16 days.  STMB is using a default skin, as you can see, and that will probably be the case for a few weeks.  Meanwhile, the board is working better than it ever has before.  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
SHAHULK

STBB325

44 posts in this topic

Hellow Goodday:D

Sorry it took so we had to arrange the rules and music:D

Well here it is:

Sixfingerz:

Lady Snowblood:

Nostalgic/oldskool feeling , is a very rare and special feeling. Sometimes it's so strong you can alsmost taste/ feel/ relive the moment you watched and here certain things:d.

Nostalgic/oldskool

Dig back and capture the feeling in your track by sampleling some things of your favorite cartoon or other things that give you that feeling.

Make a track instead of a beat this time that means evolution in your song, change of moods, switchups,

Extra acapella's allowed

Outside drums allowed

Original loops can not be used longer than 3 secs CHOP EM UP

Minimal 2 industrial sounds

Length: Between 2.20 and 3.20 Let's see who can hold our attention.

Hope you enjoy:D:D:D:D:D

1 person likes this

Now those are some great rules, because anyone can make a beat not everyone can make a song. Oldskool flip and 3 sec chops are great rules. Limits make people more creative, so congrats on the win and thank you for not taking all day to post a sample. Happy chopping everyone peace.

ZIPPYSHARE SAMPLE LINKS

Sixfingerz: http://www20.zippysh...84803/file.html

Lady Snowblood: http://www20.zippysh...99435/file.html

Props to Sixfingerz and Lady Snowblood for the win and some nice samples/rules. Just a extra note for the futre... usually the winner/s upload the sample for the group but no worries and because life is too short I've done it.

Happy song writing/producing folks!!!!

I am confused because it says "Dig back and capture the feeling in your track by sampleling some things of your favorite cartoon or other things that give you that feeling." but also those two songs are posted. Do I use those and a sample of my choice, just a sample of my choice, or just those two songs? Dig the concept! Can't wait to get started. Let me know which one it is.

Now this is a dam good idea, we using synths or no synths :huh:

U have to use parts of the two songs posted, In addition u can add a vocal sample that reminds you of the early days, or even a jingle or tune from a series or something you used to watch ... or a doc . Can be anything

no synths this time over just flip the hell out of it.

Have fun !

Good look Heavy Drama for the downloads I believe adding the cartoon sample would signal a pass memory type of thing but please don't over think it it ruins the rules and synths sound good to me

1 person likes this

An even multiple or layered, no problemo, layer that ish

Okay no synths sounds cool also great samples full of great sounds and breaks

Thanks Butta!

The bass is a tricky one, I guess it's okay to do that, it could spice things up. I'm not sure what LS thinks or ODK ?

I'm using one that sounds quite like a live electric bass, hope that's cool, everything else is chopped samples!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaagh! Yes! No synths, baby! Flip that shit like morning flapjacks! Or evening flapjacks!

Flapjacks!

I'm up for no synths, more than enough stuff to chop!!

lmao. these rules

After a long time i'm going to enter this one, love the rules, love the first song to sample.. the 1 from Lady I don't like at all, but I can think of something with that, I don't want to limit my self.

Everyone have fun with this one, really think through your process and keep control.

thnx for the zippy!!!:D:D sorry really didn't know how to do that

Congrats to all the winners! Nice change in the rules! :D

best rules, just change the yellow text to another color, I CANT READ IT?