Samir_

Madlib the Rock Konducta

480 posts in this topic

WAHOO the day has come!

haha nooooooooooo JJ Egon Madlib you clever bastards, the CD contains 14 unreleased tracks not on the vinyl!? I knew i'd end up grabbing it all somehow, but i thought it'd just be for the track titles, fuck...

I've been waiting for/dreading this day! Pinata beats, RK CD, RK LP... 57 bucks...plus shipping! And I won't even get the LP before the CD release if I combine shipping... can the fiend within wait the extra week?

EDIT: at 14+ bucks to ship the aforementioned bundle, the total is over 70 bucks. not gonna happen. I'm not even sure if Rappcats is currently combining shipping at all! staggered purchasing over a few months it shall be.

3 people like this

Take my money The Madlib!!!

Edit: Swamp, my plan is to cop Piñata Beats at the local shop when it arrives in a week or two, that will save some cash from shipping to go towards RK. I'll probably cop the wax from rappcats and then get the CD once that drops at the stores. As much as I love supporting the RC team those shipping costs kill my extra cash.

4 people like this

EDIT: at 14+ bucks to ship the aforementioned bundle, the total is over 70 bucks. not gonna happen. I'm not even sure if Rappcats is currently combining shipping at all! staggered purchasing over a few months it shall be.

The CD and RK 2 on vinyl just set me back $41 (shipping was about $5ish to CA)

1 person likes this

Sunny I may just follow your plan as well. I agree, the sad part is I'd much prefer to give the cash directly to RC, but it's looking less feasible. I need that CD too.

Just copped the wax, 27 bucks total to ship to NY. 1LP. if only it wasn't so very worth it...

GOTTA give it up to JJ for the design on these bad boys. the 2 LPs are amazing, frame-able. can't wait to check out the full CD design.

2 people like this

I didn't plan on buying the CD until I saw the unreleased tracks. I already ordered the lp for 25 shipped. I'll wait til my local shop has the CD.

I'm hoping the release they put on Google All Access will include the unreleased beats/tracks.

Edit:

Everytime I think about this record, this track still gets stuck in my head for the rest of the day. Can't wait for Volume 2

2 people like this

Take my money The Madlib!!!

Edit: Swamp, my plan is to cop Piñata Beats at the local shop when it arrives in a week or two, that will save some cash from shipping to go towards RK. I'll probably cop the wax from rappcats and then get the CD once that drops at the stores. As much as I love supporting the RC team those shipping costs kill my extra cash.

23 bucks to ship all 3 to Spain, to be honest I was pleasantly surprised so I'll probably get them all in one order.

Back to bitching again, but those prices, $21 for Piñnata Beats 2LP is okay, but $20 for the RK2 single LP? Just don't seem right to me. Would have been really fucking cool to charge a few dollars more and put those 14 unreleased tracks on another slab of vinyl like the MMS bonus vinyls as well as putting them on the CD. Oh for a perfect world...

In case you hadn't guessed, I'm not particularly happy that I've got to buy a fucking CD to get those extra tracks. At least the artwork is great, hopefully it has a booklet to do it justice to. I swear though, if they end up releasing those 14 tracks on some limited pricey vinyl some time in the near future I'm really gonna lose my shit with these guys, they're squeezing every last cent out of me.

Obviously these releases, combined with the OVWAT 10" are going to make my summer, really can't wait. Just won't be able to afford to eat. Now, if I could pay them in weed, that'd be different!

in truth $15 for the RK LPs would have been more reasonable. But they're testing their cheddar flex guys. it's a brave new day for the Madlib's cash flow, and us junkies are at the front lines.

4 people like this

I just keep repeating the mantra, 'More money for The Madlib now means more releases from The Madlib down the road.'

7 people like this

I just keep repeating the mantra, 'More money for The Madlib now means more releases from The Madlib down the road.'

Yep. The Madlib could drive through my house with a moving truck and leave with my record collection and I'd be okay with it as long as he makes heat with it.

2 people like this

Hopefully there will be a limited 7" or something with the 14 bonus songs. This is the opposite of the usual beat konducta vibes. The previous volumes had the bonus tracks as 7"s, which was awesome.

Hopefully there will be a limited 7" or something with the 14 bonus songs. This is the opposite of the usual beat konducta vibes. The previous volumes had the bonus tracks as 7"s, which was awesome.

The Medicine Show series had a whole 12" of extra beats

I kind of dig the fact that they switched it up from the MMS. Was just thinking about that when I heard the announcement. Can't expect the RC team to stick to the same formula! They on that next level steez.

1 person likes this

Copped!!! the cd!!!!!

I just keep repeating the mantra, 'More money for The Madlib now means more wine and bud for The Madlib.'

Holy shit DC! I guess its good to be in CA.

1 person likes this

i aint got ish send me yours until mines comes!!!

Came to work and there was a nice surprise waiting for me at my desk...can't wait till 5:00!

Now that's how you start off the work week right.

Looks like I need to put my order in after I get paid tonight.

Usually order on Rappcats but for this one decided to support shop (pre-ordered), hope this shows up in shops earlier as well. :(

Usually order on Rappcats but for this one decided to support shop (pre-ordered), hope this shows up in shops earlier as well. :(

Not likely. That's what the July 15 date is for. The storefronts.

Not likely. That's what the July 15 date is for. The storefronts.

Talked to the owner, he was saying it is looking like it may show up earlier than expected as well. Nope, looks like Fat Beats said they won't ship it early. Guess it had popped up on the distribution list early. We'll see I guess, sorta bummed they can't just get this out sooner for everyone :(

Heard both pieces of vinyl and the 7" but somehow the CD is what I'm looking forward to hearing #wtf

1 person likes this