• Announcements

• ST Bot

STMB   01/22/2017

Sorry for the outage. The board went down for repairs on January 5th, and we didn't expect to be out for a full 16 days.  STMB is using a default skin, as you can see, and that will probably be the case for a few weeks.  Meanwhile, the board is working better than it ever has before.  
kcat

Did you learn from someone, or do it alone...

11 posts in this topic

I'm a pretty independent person and I take pride in the fact that I can (usually) learn most things on my own. Having said that, I'm having a tough spot when it comes to music.

Did someone teach you what you know? As far as using programs OR playing an instrument. (Or both in my case.) I've made progress with my guitar in the past 2 months, but I've been playing it a lot more in the past 2 months. (Probably not a coincidence...haha) I still wonder if I should try to get another teacher. I was really unhappy with my last one. (He was an hour late every week for starters...)

When it comes to FL I am lost, lost lost lost lost lost. The program might as well be written in Martian. I can make a basic drum loop and that's. Combining, layering, etc lost. It makes me so frustrated with myself. I was able to learn photoshop on my own, but this isn't going as well. I feel like I should just struggle through it??? I feel weird asking someone to show me the ropes.

I dunno, how did you learn your craft?

Learned most from my cousin, some shit I taught myself

I'm a pretty independent person and I take pride in the fact that I can (usually) learn most things on my own. Having said that, I'm having a tough spot when it comes to music.

Did someone teach you what you know? As far as using programs OR playing an instrument. (Or both in my case.) I've made progress with my guitar in the past 2 months, but I've been playing it a lot more in the past 2 months. (Probably not a coincidence...haha) I still wonder if I should try to get another teacher. I was really unhappy with my last one. (He was an hour late every week for starters...)

When it comes to FL I am lost, lost lost lost lost lost. The program might as well be written in Martian. I can make a basic drum loop and that's. Combining, layering, etc lost. It makes me so frustrated with myself. I was able to learn photoshop on my own, but this isn't going as well. I feel like I should just struggle through it??? I feel weird asking someone to show me the ropes.

I dunno, how did you learn your craft?

thats weird as fuvk bc im lost when it comes to photoshop but i taught myself how to use fl. (took me like 4 years tho and still kearning haha)

<<<Self-taught DJ. Not that its any big accomplishment, I'm sure most djs just bought turntables and figured it out.

1 person likes this

I never had a real teacher, I taught myself a lot in FL Studios but I really got going when I found the War Beat videos. When it came to guitar most of the stuff that I learned came from books and instructional videos.

i learn how to ride a bike when i was a little kid ! my mom was sick and my dad a fucking junkie so

Self Taught Producer. Self Taught Pianist (But I cant read music)

OUTSIDE OF LOOPING I CANT SEEM TO FIGURE IT ALL OUT, IVE MADE SOME DOPE BEATS BUT NOTHING TOO GREAT. IF I GOT RICH ID PAY MADLIB TO TEACH ME AND MAKE IT INTO A DOCUMENTARY...

:rolleyes:-_-

Self taught, but I do watch "<insert any producer's name> in the studio making a beat" videos on YouTube to study their workflow and learn new ways to do shit.