Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jax green

Tuxedo

35 posts in this topic

I'm surprised no one has posted about this yet (maybe I'm missing it). But, as some of you may have heard, Mayer Hawthorne and Seattle producer Jake One, who is one of my favorite hip-hop producers in the game right now, teamed together to form a group called Tuxedo. They released a free EP, and it's FANTASTIC. Maybe my favorite Mayer project yet:

http://soundcloud.com/tuxedofunk/sets/tuxedo-ep/

I remember J Rocc talking about this a couple years ago on Benji B's show. Thanks for sharing!

Sounds good. Kinda makes me wonder what Dam-Funk and Mayer would sound like...maybe with a dash of Snoop idk

I haven't heard JT's new joint, but I have a feeling that this will give it a run for it's money.

I haven't heard JT's new joint, but I have a feeling that this will give it a run for it's money.

Mr. Cohen even posted on his FB something like 'No disrespect to JT' when he put 'Do It' up.

Why is the MH x Jake One x DOOM x Elzhi track not on here? WHERE IS IT?

Bonus track on MV 2.

^ Damn. Bot got to step his game up.

Is this going to be an ST release? Notice the video is uploaded on its own channel https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCkKZ6hhB4dyHh7wGQ_fKYdw

Song is pretty good, I remember liking the first track from awhile back a bit too (forgot what it sounds like, anyone remember the name of it since the Soundcloud link up top is broken?)

Why is the MH x Jake One x DOOM x Elzhi track not on here? WHERE IS IT?

Never heard of that until now, very strange lol

1 person likes this

I think this will be a ST release bc a couple months ago one of the newsletters said MH was dropping another ST album.

Never heard of that until now, very strange lol

it sounds better than the version that was released - "borin convo" JJ Doom. not hard to be better than jeniro beats though (sorry)

Sounds good. Kinda makes me wonder what Dam-Funk and Mayer would sound like...maybe with a dash of Snoop idk

I like how part of this actually came to fruition.

1 person likes this

As an avid fonkster, I'm not too keen on this sound just yet. It sounds too closely aligned with this whole pop-funk movement of the moment. I need to give it a proper listen before I pass judgment though, just talking first impressionz.

hmm checking a little bit out now. sorta funky i must say.

it's streaming free if you have amazon prime!

I can't be the only one who noticed the similarity between Number One and that Snoop Dogg track?

I dont think its a "similarity".

Ps. Sounds great! Always was my favorite Snoop jam.

I think on an ideological level i'm opposed to Mayer just jacking Nate Dogg's melody and not really bringing anything new to it. Like, I dig the song and it'd be fun in the club or whatever, but I just wish they'd fucked around with the tune more rather than just switching Dre's filthy G-funk beat with glossy 2010s production.

Still I guess it's a good song and like I said it'd for sure go off in a club. And I'm sure that after what you said in the Jay-Z thread you probably disagree with me haha

Also this little gem popped into my head after listening to Ain't No Fun. If you don't nod your head you have no soul

I can't be the only one who noticed the similarity between Number One and that Snoop Dogg track?

It's a cover song bro

It's a cover song bro

"We always wondered what the original sample was for Snoop's 'Ain't No Fun (If the Homies Can't Have None)'. Since we couldn't figure it out, we decided we would make it.”

Even then I think my point still stands