• Announcements

• ST Bot

STMB   01/22/2017

Sorry for the outage. The board went down for repairs on January 5th, and we didn't expect to be out for a full 16 days.  STMB is using a default skin, as you can see, and that will probably be the case for a few weeks.  Meanwhile, the board is working better than it ever has before.  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
zmister

Cassette 2

28 posts in this topic

Ordered mine with the first one before it sold out last night. Looking forward to listening, though I need to pick up a cheapo cassette player lol

...and it's probably gonna be worth some dolo now, so keep em clean!

Copped em both yesterday as well. been meaning to pick up the first one ever since it came out, those two tracks they put out for it, Bukowski and Gross, some extremely ill shit. Passing Fancy on this new one is also incredible so had to pick it up too. That whole cease and desist and destroy thing really gave me the kick in the ass to cop them, they should infringe more often; I'll bet more people copped it yesterday than did in the past month.

Oh and does anybody know if 2 is also exclusively raps on one side and exclusively beats on the other like the first? it is almost 15 min. longer...

Just wait, with the Coke rip off, the 2nd one is going to get slapped too.

Oh and does anybody know if 2 is also exclusively raps on one side and exclusively beats on the other like the first? it is almost 15 min. longer...

same as tape 1. side one is rap tracks, side two is instrumentals. we're doing side one on the Stones Throw's Drip FM account in April.

Troubadoooooooooouuuuuuuuuurrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

that passing fancies joint is gonna be on heavy rotation now.. i was amazed when i heard it on his boiler room set.. goodshit from jonwayne!

1 person likes this

I didn't think about this until earlier, but does anyone else think it's ironic that ST is willing to fuck around with copyright stuff like this but are nazis about people sharing music on sites like Youtube? Nothing wrong with it and no hate to Jonwayne since he's not the dude pulling stuff all over the internet, but cmon now. I tried to listen to some Quas song the other day on my iphone and couldn't even do that because ST only lets people listen on desktop lol

I hear yah, but Coke will not suffer any loss from this cassette. They are a multi billion dollar company. A relatively small indie having a major product in its chain available, for free anywhere, would do much more damage, in terms of percentage, and relativity to some major conglomerate. Your argument makes sense, and is true, but does not take into account the scale of the two sides. Just my opinion.

Definitely agree with Mangoes. It's all relative really, ST's gotta do what it's gotta do to get by, whereas cease and desist orders from Philip Morris and Coke on independent label cassette-only releases are just absurd, especially when the products are so insanely different. I'm all for copyright protection, but seeing ST have a little fun with them couldn't help but make me laugh.

BUT HOW BOUT THAT MUSIC THOUGH? Passing Fancy's probably still my favorite off the raps side, but that beats side I liked more than the first cassette's.

I got mine in the mail yesterday but still no way to listen to them right now :(

Think I'm gonna hit Goodwill this weekend

I got mine last week, but haven't had a moment to check them out. (still sealed)

On another note...

Any cats need a walkman, PM me. I was sending them out to people when I pressed Dub Styles on tape.

Jonwayne looks different now that he's blowing up.

51zJAB3RuCL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Cassette is super dope! Auto-reversing nonstop since I got it. Wish I could have caught the low end theory set last night......

Jonwayne looks different now that he's blowing up.

51zJAB3RuCL._SL500_AA240_.jpg

Cassette is super dope! Auto-reversing nonstop since I got it. Wish I could have caught the low end theory set last night......

where's that apostrophe doe

where's that apostrophe doe

you might ask the same about stones throw & yesterdays new quintet
1 person likes this

you might ask the same about stones throw & yesterdays new quintet

Haha, used to get me all of the time.

Jonwayne looks like the dude that dropped off my stonesthrow package

1 person likes this

Troubadoooooooooouuuuuuuuuurrrr!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

the B-side's pretty ill too...wish they would drop a tracklist of some sort though, i just have it all lumped into one 35 min. track on my iTunes.