• Announcements

• ST Bot

STMB   01/22/2017

Sorry for the outage. The board went down for repairs on January 5th, and we didn't expect to be out for a full 16 days.  STMB is using a default skin, as you can see, and that will probably be the case for a few weeks.  Meanwhile, the board is working better than it ever has before.  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Decay

New beat tape from Selfish

17 posts in this topic

LLAMA !!!

UNCUT RAW - FIRST TOKE

"Comprised of emcees/producers Fluent and Selfish, Uncut Raw claims both Akron, Ohio and Chicago, Illinois as their home-territory. Their debut album, a 26-track patchwork of dusty (and dusted) Hip-Hop titled First Toke, is out now on the independent Green Llama Records. At the risk of sounding melodramatic, it's the kind of album (like Enta Da Stage, Only Built 4 Cuban Linx, Funcrusherplus, and Operation: Doomsday) that comes along every now-and-again to remind me of exactly what I love about Hip-Hop, offering assurances that no matter what happens, real, raw, dirty-sounding, sample-based Hip-Hop can't ever die. When I put a track from First Toke on a recent podcast I described it as "under-under-underground, super-duper Indie-Rap, backpack craziness" and "gutter, basement, recorded-in-the-bathroom Rap." If you're a fan of the beatmaking aesthetic and lyrical styling of classic Wu Tang Clan, early MF Doom, Dilla's Stones Throw output, and Madlib at his dustiest, you need the tapedeck-era throwback-Rap of Uncut Raw's First Toke."

AMAZON

UGHH

i just listened to First Toke for the first time a few weeks back, i'm kicking myself for not discovering this dude earlier...his beats are on par with all the other cats i look up too- can't wait to check this out.

does vincent price (forgot his name before vincent price) still make beats?

Soundcloud.com/mall-prowler and it's the real vincent price if the name is unfamiliar

i just listened to First Toke for the first time a few weeks back, i'm kicking myself for not discovering this dude earlier...his beats are on par with all the other cats i look up too- can't wait to check this out.

that was fluent on the beats for uncut raw. all u need to know lies here >>> http://greenllamamusic.com/

But wait! Well the elusive duo ever reunite and do a follow up? Hell, if they can do a city slick follow up then darn tootin' they can do a 52 track follow up to first toke.

that was fluent on the beats for uncut raw. all u need to know lies here >>> http://greenllamamusic.com/

oh, so Selfish was the one rapping on that?

i just assumed one strictly did beats and the other just did rhymes.

But wait! Well the elusive duo ever reunite and do a follow up? Hell, if they can do a city slick follow up then darn tootin' they can do a 52 track follow up to first toke.

they had a follow up ready for uncut raw in 09.

^ would love to hear that

Didn't know Selfish did beats. Pretty good shit too!