• Announcements

• ST Bot

STMB   01/22/2017

Sorry for the outage. The board went down for repairs on January 5th, and we didn't expect to be out for a full 16 days.  STMB is using a default skin, as you can see, and that will probably be the case for a few weeks.  Meanwhile, the board is working better than it ever has before.  
BleeHLH

Madlib Mixtape for Carhartt Radio

82 posts in this topic

1. Freddie Gibbs & Madlib.

I didn't think there could be anything worse than MadGibbs. Thanks for proving me wrong...

Who wants to come up with a better name for this project? Let's start a contest.

Make it sound like some Saturday morning kiddy TV competition. Yeah, the little kid who comes up with the coolest and catchiest name will receive a sealed first edition signed and dusted copy of the as yet unreleased, unnamed and bound to be one of the hardest gangster hip hop albums you heard in a long time from two of your favourite cartoon characters along with action figures of Gangster Gibbs and the Beat Konducta. Batteries and roach clips not included.

It's being pushed back because they are taking ST out of the equation completely.It's gonna be released on Madlib Invasion, ST maybe distributing it,but from the sound of that article, It sounds like it's a strictly MI project.....

makes me wonder about the relationship between egon, mad, and ST. I'm sure they all are still good friends, but on the last egon interview I heard (could have been red bull), egon gave pretty good details on why they, or atleast Egon parted ways with ST, and Madlib went with egon...

makes me wonder about the relationship between egon, mad, and ST. I'm sure they all are still good friends, but on the last egon interview I heard (could have been red bull), egon gave pretty good details on why they, or atleast Egon parted ways with ST, and Madlib went with egon...

Could you post that interview (if you can find it)? Or at least elaborate on what Egon said? Thanks.

Could you post that interview (if you can find it)? Or at least elaborate on what Egon said? Thanks.

This!!

You recently officially left Stonesthrow right?

Friday was my last day. 11 years—a long time. I’m thirty-three now, and I started there when I was twenty-two. I had just turned twenty-two. Friday was my 11th year. It’s just with all this stuff that’s been going on with Now Again, and the stuff I do with Madlib, I basically had my hands full. And to deal with it at that point, I was just like, what am I going to focus on, you know? I just did the Aloe Blacc record over there, which is a really great record. I was really proud of that, and it did really well. It was just a good time to leave I guess.

Is this it?

http://revivalist.ok...ntinuum-part-i/

wonder what the deal is they made a good team!

Gd is on soundcloud

THANKS ALOT YO!!!

G

Much better than MadGibbs.

It'd be cool if he changed the name because he saw us all hating on the name and was like, "ayo freddie.. ..about the name of this shit"