• Announcements

• ST Bot

STMB   01/22/2017

Sorry for the outage. The board went down for repairs on January 5th, and we didn't expect to be out for a full 16 days.  STMB is using a default skin, as you can see, and that will probably be the case for a few weeks.  Meanwhile, the board is working better than it ever has before.  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Oliver_Palfreyman

Equipment Advice

7 posts in this topic

Hello

ive been producing for about a a couple of months now with just reason 5 and a korg microkey im thinking of getting some other equipment like a sampler

The most ive been hearing about is the SR and the MPC

What would be the best thing to get cos ive heard alot about producers using mpc 2000 and others using 3000 and what not.

what does everyone thing of the mpc and sr which would be the best?

im thinking of getting a synth aswell so some advice for that aswell would be good.

it's all subjective. There is a swing you can get inside of an MPC that you can't get anywhere else. I mean ableton live has its set of swing groves that emulate swing but it will never have the swing youc an get in your mpc. To be honest I wouldn't get a lot of hardware if you are on a budget. Conserve your money and understand you style before anything. Don't go out a purchace things because of what you hear from other people.

it's all subjective. There is a swing you can get inside of an MPC that you can't get anywhere else. I mean ableton live has its set of swing groves that emulate swing but it will never have the swing youc an get in your mpc. To be honest I wouldn't get a lot of hardware if you are on a budget. Conserve your money and understand you style before anything. Don't go out a purchace things because of what you hear from other people.

this.

also, spend some time watching videos of ppl using those machines and see what workflow you like the most

buy maschine with a midi keyboard, also has a cool swing function. got it 2 and i dont need anything else. maschine and arturia 25, perfect combination

I use the renaissance, best combo of hardware and software period.

Yeah, it looks intriguing. The funny thing is though, the MVs did all that stuff, years ago. Still cool none-the-less.

THIS. NEVER buy a piece of gear you dont need. The moment you do, you'll find you'll need something else, and so on and so forth until you have to sell it all off because you've become a gear junkie.