• Announcements

• ST Bot

STMB   01/22/2017

Sorry for the outage. The board went down for repairs on January 5th, and we didn't expect to be out for a full 16 days.  STMB is using a default skin, as you can see, and that will probably be the case for a few weeks.  Meanwhile, the board is working better than it ever has before.  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
OSØ

74 posts in this topic

8783d66c318f0161125eb5003495b9d3.jpg

SPECIAL RULE OF THE WEEK:

1. YOU HAVE TO TRY A DIFFERENT DRUM PATTERN, OTHER THAN THE COMMON "2,4" SNARE.

(EVEN IF IT'S JUST FOR A FEW BARS AND NOT THE WHOLE TIME).

2. ALSO, QUANTIZATION ISN'T ALLOWED, (UNLESS YOU CLICK THEM IN LIKE A BOSS AKA CONSTROBUZ AND LEX LUGER). .BE THE RHYTHM.

(SAMPLE) CLICK ME!

Upload to http://soundcloud.co.../beat-battles-1

• Flip the sample and make a beat (see below for Production Rules)
  • Production rules:
  • 2:00 time limit
  • flip the sample
  • outside drums and bass are allowed
  • synths ARE allowed
  • no acapellas
  • vocal samples/skits are allowed
  • cuts/scratches are permitted
  • can't figure out how to dl sample? lololol
  • post a funny .gif

2 people like this

my bad for not voting, I was at a mainey event in oakland they showed a music video for my beat escargot on a giant wall downtown.

but you can check it here

3 people like this

like manually placing a drum or sound on your piano roll/grid/whatever, but with quantization disabled. i guess this is opposed to actually playing the rhythm out, which most people do.

just heard the sample... and red your rules... im in Oso... :) posting tonight!!!

wanted to vote this afternoon (it's 2 pm around here) but damn, too late. thought the deadline was set a lil later but nevermind.

nice rules oso, shouldn't be too much of a challenge i think :)

OSO THAT BEAT IS THE ILLEST SHIT I EVER HEARD FROM YOU. got that beat within some kind of compilation you put out some time ago i think and i played it a few times when djing with my crew. so dope!

No quantization?¿ This goes a little bit too far now, doesn't it? I think we'll hear A LOT of whack programmed drums this round - myself included ("Quantize 50" ondatazz) ;)

like manually placing a drum or sound on your piano roll/grid/whatever, but with quantization disabled. i guess this is opposed to actually playing the rhythm out, which most people do.

got it. do it sometimes too, when i need that not accurate accuracy

dig on this weeks rule of no quantaize, . hope cats stick to it and this weeks gonna be off grid dope

Now that snail can act.

olivia-gif-5.gif

btw love the topic title...congrats oso....and you son of a biscuit....no quanitization means (at least for me) a hundred takes till I get it...thanks for keeping us on our game

1 person likes this

Hey bad english here! What quanization mean? That every patern must have different drum?

Hey bad english here! What quanization mean? That every patern must have different drum?

It means timing, No quantization means automatic timing turned off .

Here it is ..as i promised!1 tonight ....heheh great sample oso!! i have to cut more from it..! wonderfull

It means timing, No quantization means automatic timing turned off .

aha, but i moved shit manually by click and drag that counts as quantization? or like cheating?... hmm my beat will not be part of voting i guess cuz i don't have time to play it again

aha, but i moved shit manually by click and drag that counts as quantization? or like cheating?... hmm my beat will not be part of voting i guess cuz i don't have time to play it again

Basically playing it all in loose, but leave it how it is, start moving bits about so it sounds tight and your disappear into the speakers forever :D

my bad for not voting, I was at a mainey event in oakland they showed a music video for my beat escargot on a giant wall downtown.

but you can check it here

yo

that was a dope video i can watch stuff like that all day no nude hoes or bottles of cheap expensive wines just art nice work killer track also

Been meaning to get up in one of these for the longest. I like the rules, lezduit.

This sample is kicking my ass. 4 hours messin with it and no dopeness emerging.

Maybe its just me. I'll get back to it tomorrow after some sleep. :wacko:

Had a hangover today - went to see Diplo yesterday -, so I listened to the sample and decided, to just not fuck with it today, cause I realized, that I have to put a lot of effort into this which I didn't had the energy for today.

This sample is kicking my ass. 4 hours messin with it and no dopeness emerging.

Maybe its just me. I'll get back to it tomorrow after some sleep. :wacko:

this sample was a std ridden whore. so hard to work with. j0ndis already has my vote for raping said whore