• Announcements

• ST Bot

STMB   01/22/2017

Sorry for the outage. The board went down for repairs on January 5th, and we didn't expect to be out for a full 16 days.  STMB is using a default skin, as you can see, and that will probably be the case for a few weeks.  Meanwhile, the board is working better than it ever has before.  
Minvk

as sample as that

29 posts in this topic

hip hop started off with sampled loops and got more technical when those loops got chopped into peices and rearranged to create a finished work of art, nowadays hip hop is based a bit more on synthesizers and other instruments, it isnt as limited as it was before to samples so in appreciation to sampled hip hop post your favorite chopped up tracks

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S-526NffB5Q

what you talkin bout mayne? i know the whole beat is different patterns and after a while it loops back but the sample for airworks is obviously chopped up from the original and rearranged in a way that is melodic bruhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhking

for me a looped beat would be "realeyes" and "cant hold on" thats what i meant when they take a sample and loop it with drums added over it, dope beats by the way two of my favs i aint knockin them

fancy clown would be on the other end of the spectrum in the chopped up category

i think hudson mohawkes "velvet peel" would be a prime example of a polar opposite in terms of how chopped something is. It has constant chops playing throughout (although even the chops are looped after 4 bars) includes synthesizers, a range of instruments. compare it to, something like "the come up" by madlib and you might get the gist.

and if none of this makes sense it's because im high and it makes sense in my head so leave me alone.

Or "Guilty Conscience" -Eminem/ Dr. Dre

These days, I think negus is lazy I'd they don't chop they samples.

Naw tat all.

Sometimes a break don't need nothing but to be looped.

Even in the the the future.

Naw tat all.

Sometimes a break don't need nothing but to be looped.

Even in the the the future.

I completely agree, it icks my nerves to see someone totally "F" up a sample with unnecessary chops.

Unnecessary is never cool. But creating something new is. So is straight looping, as long as.. For I stance some wack ass rap group I remeber sampled White Stripes "7 Nation Army", not obscure, not old. Just wack. I know as a producer I am never as proud of a loop then of a good ginsu chop!

Unnecessary is never cool. But creating something new is. So is straight looping, as long as.. For I stance some wack ass rap group I remeber sampled White Stripes "7 Nation Army", not obscure, not old. Just wack. I know as a producer I am never as proud of a loop then of a good ginsu chop!

I feel you man, if I'm going to loop something it's got to be something special or rare. But sometimes I do feel a little weird just loping a sample.

Yah. Seems lazy. Even if no be else knows, I do.

This ain't my best beat, but I do like what I did with the Beatles track, Day In The Life.

Point is, for me, a good sample has good notes, chords, hits ect to pluck then rearrange. Plus it probably already has that feel. Whatevs, it's what I'm on.

while we're tossing out own tracks up

BAM! CHOP MADNESS

ahhhhh

you're right

honestly, i think no one can hold a candle to kings like madlib or jay dee

These chops are master strokes yo. I also think a lotta cats on the board beat battles got serious chop skills.

1 person likes this

my problem with chopping samples on my mpc is that i always get this fucking clicking either before or after playback and i have to trim it so that now my sample is fucking goddamn motherfucking not as on point as i intended it to be. that shit grinds my gears. and on top of that theres on 1 mute group on the 500 so what if i want to chop a loop and then throw a chopped drum break over it. FUGGHETABOUTITT

do a minuscule fade in on the chops to get rid of that click

I feel you man, if I'm going to loop something it's got to be something special or rare. But sometimes I do feel a little weird just loping a sample.

Why?

1 person likes this

you just posted loops

this

Why?

Because, if it's just some loop that has been looped a thousand times then there is no point in making a beat with it, I personally find that kinda boring. But I have become more comfortable with looping since I posted that last comment, especially after I realized a lot of my favorite tracks are just straight loops.

Because, if it's just some loop that has been looped a thousand times then there is no point in making a beat with it, I personally find that kinda boring. But I have become more comfortable with looping since I posted that last comment, especially after I realized a lot of my favorite tracks are just straight loops.

What about that ones that haven't been 'looped a thousand times'?

What about that ones that haven't been 'looped a thousand times'?

Yeah, I have no problem with those, I have a couple of looped beats that I'm sure someone else has looped up before, for instances, I got a loop from a Donna Summers record that I never heard used in a beat before, but I can't imagine that I'm the only one that has heard it and looped it up in their MPC.