• Announcements

• ST Bot

STMB   01/22/2017

Sorry for the outage. The board went down for repairs on January 5th, and we didn't expect to be out for a full 16 days.  STMB is using a default skin, as you can see, and that will probably be the case for a few weeks.  Meanwhile, the board is working better than it ever has before.  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jay_the_bad_kid

Spectrum 77 ???

9 posts in this topic

Is this another one of Madlib's alter egos?

yer its him there was a couple of tracks on various giles peterson mixes and beat cd's

Just as I suspected.

Wasn't this Madlib's kind of 'future funk' persona?

Wasn't this Madlib's kind of 'future funk' persona?

im not sure i thought it was supposed to be some kind of house music project or at least 'dance' project?? im sure i read in some old interview with him he said he'd done a house album

I think there are a couple Spectrum 77 cuts in the mix he did on Gilles Peterson's Worldwide back in 2005 also I remember seeing some artwork in the inserts of the Yesterdays Universe cd

edit: oh wait. I might be mistaking with this one instead

y3.jpg

does anyone have that Giles Peterson Worldwide set from 2004? i can't find it anywhere on the net, all links were to a soundcloud track that has since been taken down <_<

i needs my Madlib/J Rocc fix!

*EDIT: never mind...

how many alter ego's of madlib are the wtf

how many alter ego's of madlib are the wtf

Just a few ..

Ahmad Miller, Beat Konducta, DJ Lord Such, DJ Rels, Duma Peterson, Eddie Prince Fusion Band, The Jahari Massamba Unit, The Jazzistics, Joe McDuphrey, Joe McDuphrey Experience, Junior Taylor, Kamala Walker and The Soul Tribe, Kay Henderson, The Last Electro-Acoustic Space Jazz & Percussion Ensemble, The Loopdigga, The Malik Flavors, Monk Hughes, Monk Hughes & The Outer Realm, Morgan Adams III, Otis Jackson Jr. Trio, Quasimoto, Russel Jenkins, Sound Directions, Spectrum 77, Suntouch, Tyrone Foster, Yesterday's Universe All Stars, Yesterdays New Quintet, Young Jazz Rebels