• Announcements

• ST Bot

STMB   01/22/2017

Sorry for the outage. The board went down for repairs on January 5th, and we didn't expect to be out for a full 16 days.  STMB is using a default skin, as you can see, and that will probably be the case for a few weeks.  Meanwhile, the board is working better than it ever has before.  
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
KAZE

Dat.Earl. x Jamespants

26 posts in this topic

I'm conflicted with all the OF x JP stuff. I mean, it's great knowing more people hear about him because of it, but OF is so wack...

Edit: Earl I can listen to at least, Tyler's shit is horrible though.

Edited by GC90
1 person likes this

I dont know how else to compare it.

George Clinton is the man. So is James Pants.

Dr Dre is over rated. So is OF.

1 person likes this

I dont know how else to compare it.

George Clinton is the man. So is James Pants.

Dr Dre is over rated. So is OF.

Can't argue that logic.

I don't really like it, though. I mean, its nice to hear something new from Earl, but he doesn't sound that great over JP. At least that track.

1 person likes this

ahhhh in that way.. word.

SEEEEEEEE?

C'mon Son!

I don't really like it, though. I mean, its nice to hear something new from Earl, but he doesn't sound that great over JP. At least that track.

not mixed very well.

like the idea tho.

1 person likes this

I just can't wait for some new JP. Seven Seals and the self titled album are seriously some of my favorite ST releases in quite some time.

Edit: Also forgot about those two free beat tapes he put out as well, that's been my Minecraft theme music when I'm playing lol

Edited by GC90

Decided to listen to Welcome today.

It is as bonannzzers today as it was a few years back. Classic, all time, any genre.

1 person likes this

I still haven't listened to Welcome in its entirety somehow. I've enjoyed everything I have heard from it though, I really need to get around to grabbing that one. The live version of We're Through on that Dam Funk Direct to Disk is awesome.

Always loved the vid for Cosmic Rapp too lol

I still haven't listened to Welcome in its entirety somehow.

C'mon Son!!!

Yah. It is good. In fact my favourite one. The funk levels on it are spewing funkdatude.

Grabbed it on Amazon tonight, it is a great album. I wouldn't say it is my favorite (I like the more focused nature of his last two), but there are some great songs on Welcome. JP should do some more stuff with Deon Davis.

I'm cool with the complete OF x StonesThrow clash. Sounds like free spirited artists mixed with other free spirited artists and i'm always cool with that. I can totally see the whole OF is overrated thing though. And i also think earl could've picked a better track to spit over. At any rate. I'm down for more shit like this.

SEEEEEEEE?

C'mon Son!

not mixed very well.

like the idea tho.

Yeah I'm def feeling the concept.. maybe better presentation(mix) will bring it out more?

Yeah I'm def feeling the concept.. maybe better presentation(mix) will bring it out more?

Yah,

It was mixed very poorly.

In my opinion, you got to make everything sound like it is one. Like it came from the same time and place. This sounds like JP track and ...well whatever. It was very cheaply done.

Yah,

It was mixed very poorly.

It was very cheaply done.

Welcome to most of OF's discography.

2 people like this

IS earl actually back or is this some leaked old shit? we've heard old OF over JP before.

I'm kinda happy this somehow turned into a James Pants thread :)

He so Pantsy.

1 person likes this

Ha! I took that photo, in my old kitchen. Too bad I accidentally deleted the original file, and that's the largest size that exists.